Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I admit that I'm a sucker for this kind of thing but Uncanny X-Force #18 got to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

FF #23, also out today, could pretty much be posted in its entirety in this thread. The panels I'm picking aren't actually the first ones that made me tear up but are probably my favorites. I cannot wait to have Hickman's entire run in hardcover.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like that little bit, Bruce and Selina in a tender moment with their masks off is a great theme that is common to Batman, and her showing up to basically be his rock because no one else can divorce badass Batman from Bruce like she can is a really great idea.
There's a scene pretty much exactly like that in Alan Davis' 'The Nail' only it's drawn by Alan Davis. It's much better and if I had a scanner hooked up I'd absolutely post it here.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Squidster posted:

When narrow-niche books get swept up in big events, it rarely ends well for the book - I'm reminded of Ultimate Spider-man's plot floundering after the drowning of New York, Miles Morales joining the Ultimates, Blue Beetle's grittier reboot, etc.
Weirdly, the Avengers Academy issues that tied in to Fear Itself were not just some of the better parts of that book but I think, at this point, it can be argued that they were likely the best part of that whole stupid crossover. Avengers Academy also handles the whole dumb AvX thing fairly well but didn't knock those issues out of the park like they did with Fear Itself.

But everyone Marvel seems to hate AA so...

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Gavok posted:

I miss Magog.
He was literally the only Kingdom Come insert I didn't hate just for the way he was used in Generation Lost.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously. If it weren't for Ambush Bug, he'd be my favorite Bronze Age DC character. The fact that the rest of the Amazing Zoo Crew were all pastiches/parodies of the Avengers didn't hurt either.
I'll give you most of them but Yankee Poodle and Rubberduck were both clearly from the DC side of the board.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Everyone talking about Transformers and nobody posting Megatron and Ravage from MTMTE? Shameful.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

That's actually news that makes me the opposite of interested.
It's the actual pages people are posting that is doing that for me.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Dick Trauma posted:

Are any of these characters the originals, or are they all reboot type versions?
Tony Stark is still Tony Stark and the Vision is complicated but hasn't been replaced by a new character (exactly).

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

WickedHate posted:

I liked Cir-El! :(
The fact that DC tried so hard and for so long to keep Supergirl from officially existing will never stop being amusing to me. I guess they did the same thing to Batgirl, post Killing Joke but at least there they did it by giving the character other (and frankly better) story things to be doing.

My one and only in print exposure to Cir-El was a maybe three panel cameo in a Superman/Batman trade from, I believe, right before they finally brought back the classic Supergirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Achernar posted:

"The Unicorn? That's a Russian guy who shoots laser beams out of his helmet!"
I'm not 100% on my low-tier Marvel continuity but it seems like both Rhino and Squirrel Girl would know him.