Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Am I the only person who read An Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge? Yikes, that's probably the most well-known example of that twist ending. There was even an episode of "American Dad" based on it, called "An Incident at Owl Creek."

I just read about this, and does anyone else think Ambrose Chase from Planetary is a play on Ambrose Bierce and being a superhuman who escapes certain death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Lurdiak posted:

Well, there was no death scene, so that's easy. Everyone just assumed he died, which in comics is always an incorrect assumption unless you see a bloodied corpse (and even then).

He did die, though. This is stated explicitly multiple times.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

muscles like this? posted:

It starts at Fantastic Four 570 (although technically he did the Dark Reign Fantastic Four mini first) runs through 588 where the series ends. Its replaced by Future Foundation until issue 11 and then back to Fantastic Four name and numbering with issue 600. Future Foundation is now its own spin off series starting with issue 12.

Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #1-5
Fantastic Four #570-588
FF #1-11
Fantastic Four #600
FF #12
Fantastic Four #601
FF #13

and etc. switching back and forth for now.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

I'm pretty sure Jor-El is just the Kryptonian Al Gore.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

No joke, that moment where Mary Jane decides to deal with Peter's emotional abuse (in that understandable situation on his part!), and decides to disabuse him of the notion of her superficiality, is so utterly powerful it bowls me the gently caress over every time.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

MelvinTheJerk posted:

So in the Facebook Marvel game Hank Pym is currently being offered as the Spec Ops prize. Wasp also recently got released. It made me remember how much I loving hate Hank Pym.

Everyone remembers the issue where Pym hits Jan, melts down in his Avengers trial, and sends in a loving Adamantium robot to beat up the Avengers so he can try to look like a hero and "Save" everyone at the last minute. What people probably don't remember quite as often is the boss way in which Janet handles Pym when he comes crawling back.

You want to see a well written, strong female character in comics? Here it is. Avengers #214.

I love how she goes for a hilariously low-cut dress just to spite him too.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Yeah, Waid's F4 is on par with Hickman's, for real. I never thought it'd be topped in the modern age, but, well, Hickman happened.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

SynthOrange posted:

Probably not the best time to post the other Reed vs Cancer issue where he shrinks a submarine down, drives it into an old man's brain and goes to fight all the cancer with his bare hands, and wins.

That's the *one* issue of Hickman's F4/FF run I didn't like.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Ignore, sorry

d00gZ fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Gavok posted:

You just know "Norwegian Wood" is Johnny's favorite Beatles song.

<slow clap>