Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want a Taskmaster/Constrictor buddy book right the gently caress now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That makes sense. :downs: I am a smart person.

I'm imagining you reading the issue and making the face in your avatar now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Mark Millar just closed his laptop in disgust at this suggestion.

That or he's furiously scribbling the outline for "BLOOD RAPER BOOK ONE" all over his desk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well he drew the main story.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, is that Kong in the background of Panel 4?

You think every bald white in comics looks the same or something?

Racist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

And because he likes it. His favorite food is beef bourguignon.

Beef booger-yawn?

I'm sorry but that sounds disgusting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh you've seen the unrated cut of Good Will Hunting too?

How do ya like dem apples.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

The one with the alternate killing spree ending.

You know, the only good part of the Jay & Silent Bob film is that scene.

"It's Hunting season."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnESedN4vSI

Edit: Jesus Christ that movie sucked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Action Tortoise posted:

There's hints that the benevolent scientist in this story, Leo Quintum, is actually Luthor trying to make amends for his past by going into the past to save humanity's future.

Hasn't Morrison commented on this and pretty much debunked it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LashLightning posted:

I really liked All-Star Superman (it's a shame that All-Star Batman flopped so the series wasn't continued -

Where did you read this?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The death of Harry Osborn tore me to my soul. I didn't read it until years later, shortly after I'd lost a very dear friend to a massive overdose and I was hiding in my closet reading comics so I didn't have to deal with his death.

Yeah, still hurts to read that book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I brought up those Amazing pages over in the X-Men thread, That is hands down the most touching thing I've read in a comic in a long time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

From Deadpool's wedding in Deadpool #27.

Frank's happy :unsmith:

I really love this. It's about time Frank got to smile about something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wade being liked and respected by Steve Rogers is such an awesome bit of character development and I never expected anything like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrPaper posted:

And with Marvel ramping up Thanos for the movies, it's probably best to move DP on.

What does this have to do with Deadpool?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I know about that stuff, it's just that I love 616, and it irritates me that in the majority of stuff set there in the last decade plus the heroes just tend to come off as either not heroic at all or just plain incompetent if not both at the same time with only the occasional exception

Also Incursion pisses me off because it's ruining multiple characters I love(The Illuminati or at least it's members), and now I can't consider the 616 versions of them heroes anymore after what they did to Earth-4290001, they are now pretty much full blown villains in spite of whatever they do in the future, considering they were complicit in the death of an entire inhabited alternate Earth

You seriously think Hickman is going to walk away from this without redeeming them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

ANGR is kind of different because he's not "Ghost Rider" Ghost Rider. He literally is the All New Ghost Rider.

There's definitely something coming down the pike.

Johnny is coming to the book soon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Are Superman and Batman good at being herobros in the New52?

They have moments but there's still something missing in the new universe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was excellent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KittenofDoom posted:

From that distance, though, it would've taken like 4-6 hours for the sound to travel from the Southeast Asian Sea to the east coast of the US. Even if they hadn't moved an inch from that spot in that time and Superman found them immediately, Connor still would have bled out.

Also Santa Claus isn't real, Darth Vader is Luke's father and your puppy is dead, not playing on a happy farm like your parents told you.

That's not how Superman's hearing powers work. His hearing is accelerated.

Yeah, figure that out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SirDan3k posted:

I hear at the speed of light and see at the speed of sound!

At a convention years ago someone at a panel asked Mark Waid about the science behind Superman's hearing powers and brought up things like the above example and Waid said "he has accelerated hearing" and that was it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'm reminded of the scene from Waid's Irredeemable, where young Plutonian is sitting in school, and his super-hearing picks up the sound of his foster mother about to commit suicide three miles away. And he rushes out at super-speed, faster than a speeding bullet...

and discovers that even though he moves faster than a bullet does, the sound had to travel three miles before he could hear it.

I feel like Mark Waid owes me an apology.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SirDan3k posted:

The Purge 2 counters that by having government agents participate in the purge because not enough regular people were and hinting that it's always been that way.

I only know because I watched the purge 2 after being told it was a good Punisher movie.

It made me want Frank Grillo to be the next Punisher, that's for sure.

Jedit posted:

Straczynski did it better in Rising Stars before either of them, and I'd wager that was what Waid had read.

Rising Stars is one of the biggest, steaming piles of poo poo to ever be printed, stapled and sold as a comic book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A comic book based on toys from the 80's has absolutely no business being so well written and so goddamn touching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Ultimate Jameson is a great character, and represents a side of classic Jameson a lot of modern writers seem to have forgotten.

Ironically, Bendis wrote an absolutely dreadful Jameson in his New Avengers run. He had the man go back on a handshake.

Bendis explained this as Jonah figured that since Spider-man hid behind his mask, the handshake meant nothing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That seems awful... I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is. Gamey? Contrived? Hypocritical, maybe?

Bendisy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AnonSpore posted:

I agree, DC should step up their game and send out a CnD to JL8

A dick-pic shaped CnD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hup posted:

How did that whole thing go down again? No matter what, it's kind of funny that a guy who makes wholesome, family-friendly comics about all your favorite superheroes as little kids is also sending out pictures of his dick left and right

Dude sent out dick pics to a LOT of female creators and got called out for it and since he apologized he was let off the hook. Having met him in person, he's a bigger prick than I am.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedit posted:

Sounds like a lot of people found that out without having to meet him.

I said he was a bigger prick. If you go by the chatter his actual prick was disappointing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still read it on occasion but him being a rotten person sullies the experience.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alhazred posted:

When you consider that mot of those thousands of years were most likely spent in Asgard it stops being so improbable.

One of the best things about Aaron's run on Thor is showing how "young" Thor spent so much of his time dicking around outside of Asgard, mostly looking for a drink or a good time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, Young Thor was a real shitheel and the comic really makes a point of how Thor looks at his days on Earth when he was Avenging poo poo as the best of his life. So it makes sense that he'd name poo poo after the mortals he hung with then.

I fully expect him to name a crappy place after Tony. Like, he remembers him and respects him but still can't forget all the poo poo he did so he gets a crappy place named after him. Like whatever used to be New Jersey is now Tony Starksey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Ft. Stark, Tonyana.

Gary is far, far worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Angry as gently caress, so much that you can barely contain your magic telekinesis and you crack the poo poo out of the windows that lead to outer loving space is metal a gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I love that it shows that Vader is still incredibly powerful in The Force, but since he rarely needs to use it he doesn't come off as all flashy like a lot of Force users are, so when Vader does cut loose it becomes truly terrifying

I will always hate the prequels for changing how we saw Jedis move and fight. Mostly Im angry that Lucas saw the second Matrix film and decided that was how he wanted his fight scenes to look.

Vader, slowly walking towards you and huge chunks of the hallway start tearing loose and flight right up in your face, that's how the force should look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alacron posted:

I don't totally hate the acrobatic fights, In the hands of a better filmmaker I think they'd be really fuckin' cool, but making every Jedi and Sith (Yoda & Palpatine especially) flippy bastards was absolutely the wrong move.

I think maybe one flippy Jedi would have worked. But the stupid posturing they all did right before the final battle of Ep 2 just reeks of Neo and his KUNG FU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

W.T. Fits posted:

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Vader's various cybernetic implants that help keep him alive and mobile (his respirator and limbs, mostly) also greatly cut down on his ability to use the Force.

So when you see scenes like this, it really serves to underscore just how insanely strong in the Force he is, even with his handicap.

I've read that as well, it's one of the few EU things that i actually like.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's pretty nuts how good that series is. Especially when contrasted to how horrible the Sonic series is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tomasi was writing the best Batman book since the N52 started, nobody seemed to notice though.