Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Sorry, but even Superman's super hearing still works at the speed of sound, right? If they're in the South Pacific, and Metropolis is East Coast-ish, then Ollie's cries would still easily take 6+ hours to reach him. Roy would be long-dead before Superman even heard anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Dead Snoopy posted:

I'm not arguing against flying people in leotards, I'm saying that selectively ignoring physics and reality to write your way out of a knot is lazy and contrived. It's like having Batman pull an Bat-Anti-Bullet spray out of his utility belt to avoid being shot in the face.

There ought to be a word for it. Kal-Ex Machina?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
How long does it take to apply that much makeup? It probably wouldn't be movie-quality, but still.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Have they explained why the two scientist dudes didn't warn people anyways?

It shouldn't have been too hard for an interstellar civilization to load up a few busloads of people, right?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is that intentionally bad art or just regular bad art?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Dammerung posted:

I still like the scene:

From that distance, though, it would've taken like 4-6 hours for the sound to travel from the Southeast Asian Sea to the east coast of the US. Even if they hadn't moved an inch from that spot in that time and Superman found them immediately, Connor still would have bled out.

Also Santa Claus isn't real, Darth Vader is Luke's father and your puppy is dead, not playing on a happy farm like your parents told you.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
They look pretty decent, as a matter of fact. They're explorers more than soldiers, why wouldn't they be on the fitter side of average? The distinct drawing styles clash too much, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Their names are KillBot and EviscerateMurderRapeBot.