Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The whole drat comic, especially the ending of the first story, was classic Krypto stuff. But here's the backup. Action #13. In case you didn't know, Krypto wound up in the Phantom Zone before Krypton's destruction.

Goddamnit something's in my eye, and I have a dog I need to go hug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

Meanwhile, "You're secret is safe, Luthor"?! :argh:

I was about to ask what you were sperging about but then I read it again! :grammer: ! :v:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

AAAAAAALLLLLFFFFRREEEEDDDDDD!!! HOW DID I BECOME GARY BUSEY???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alhazred posted:

This loving panel:

(Saga #19)
gently caress you Vaughan and Staples.

I haven't caught up on Saga in a while, someone with spoilers?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Parahexavoctal posted:

No spoilers: you loving need to catch up on Saga now.

Some of us don't have the money to keep up with all the books. :(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Is he at least married to the super awesome monster queen? :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like Gordon's "this is loving dumb but like hell I'm going to let anyone else do it" approach to being Batman.

Actually he doesn't want to do it at all and has to be begged to take it on. Also Jim Gordon is 46 years old? Comic book years that puts him at what 35?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

PJOmega posted:

No Commissioners give dangerous jobs to grizzled but soft-hearted old guard who are only two days away from retirement. Their rookie partners then pick up the mantle.

Oh paid forced executions you mean. :v: Yep Jim Gordon is all about that. But seriously being Batman is a young man thing, or you get super scienced or magicked up in order to be able to do it. Cause at the end of the day you ain't Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Quite a versatile man. Reminds me of someone from many years back:

That bow tie position is really messing with me.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... Though it is marred a little bit by that face.

:froggonk:

E: I can't help but be amused at Boba Fett all "Well if you're not gonna talk to me I'm going to my room :mad:"

:stonk: What the gently caress is Luke wailing on there? That artist was super good at drawing helmets and hooded faced people not so much on people faces. Christ.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Disappointed this wasn't Megas XLR.

https://youtu.be/K-kYiDbG39s

Jiro fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 3, 2015

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Tomasi was writing the best Batman book since the N52 started, nobody seemed to notice though.

I did. :(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Well what I mean is the old one is more visually striking and memorable to me. I could easily draw the old costume from memory. Domino mask, black bodysuit, lightning bolt, red sash, then boots and gloves. The new one is.... some kinda jumpsuit that everyone draws slightly different.... with a starburst... and then there's red, blue and yellow but I'm not sure where they go.

Maybe I just like black and lightning bolts.

It always amazes me how DC has a perfectly good Dr. Doom quality character in Black Adam and rarely ever do anything good with him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How does no one ever mention Conan O Brien dressed up as a Robin waiter?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

Is that Charles Bronson on the $5?

Hey scumbag, I'm gonna emancipate you from your life. Blammo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Are there any panels from Batman '66 that fit for this thread? I know there are plenty funny ones. But in remembrance of Adam West. :(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don’t think he’s fought Doom. Not yet anyways. He’s mostly been used in USAvengers and most recently Ultimates2.

Maker implied he's actually spread across the multiverse in copies of his body. Ultimate universe Ultimates, ,what's left of them, went off to go hunt for them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Hickman's run is fantastic, what are you guys smoking.

Yeah seriously, if Hickman hadn't been doing what he had been doing, Ewing wouldn't have got his hands on Mighty Avengers and made Blue Marvel the absolute badass he is, turning Monica back to her Nextwave badass self. The only obviously weakest part of Hickman's run was having to adapt poo poo to Sixis, and his Infinity main book wasn't that great either due to Marvel's push for Inhuman focus at the time. His Avengers and New Avengers were consistently good to amazing, same goes for his FF. Which also turned me onto Nick Dragotta's art harkening back to a more modernized Hanna-Barbera style that would fit in with Johnny Quest.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Today marks Calvin and Hobbes 35th anniversary! Post your favorite touching/inspiring ones.

I'm sad I missed this a month ago, but winter time in Calvin and Hobbes was always my favorite since I never grew up around snow. All the creative ways Calvin could mold snow and make these bonkers rear end snowscapes and scenarios were the best. :allears:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Alfred being dead sucks so bad.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn the Wizard Shazam is a massive piece of poo poo.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

He'll always be Captain Marvel to me damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn Mike Allred can draw the hell out of Silver Age Superman.