Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Hellboy: Being Human just came out today, but the ending seemed perfect for this thread. I'll spoiler the context so don't click it if you don't want it spoiled:

It's a story from when Roger first joined the Bureau. Hellboy convinces the Director to let him take Roger on a field mission, an easy one. The mission of course turns out to be more than they bargained for, but leading up to the action, Roger and Hellboy discuss being non-humans in a human world. Roger is convinced that his inhumanity somehow makes him less. They end up in a fight with a voodoo woman who raising a man who wronged her long ago and his family from the dead and calling a demon from hell to take them all to hell to be tortured for eternity, even though the rest of the family is completely innocent. Hellboy tries to intervene but is incapacitated. The woman starts gloating about how she won when suddenly she is shot dead from behind by Roger, putting an end to her ritual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004

McCloud posted:

I love how he doesn't even think twice about walking up to one of the most powerful Magical beings in the universe to chew him out for giving an 8-year old boy the burden that few people should ever have to carry.

Isn't magic one of the few things Supes is completely vulnerable to? That might make this as badass as anything in the Badass Thread.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004

Gavok posted:

Star Wars Tales #6. During Empire Strikes Back, one of the empire lieutenants brings the disassembled remains of C3PO to Vader, suggesting that there might be some vital information within him. Vader briefly holds C3PO's head in his hands and flashes back to being a kid and discovering pieces of him in a junkyard. He tells his lieutenant to have the droid destroyed and leaves. Sometime after, the lieutenant gets word about Chewbacca trying to get C3PO back.

If someone had told me right after I first watched The Phantom Menace that someone would have made a touching moment out of one of the dumbest parts of that awful drat movie, I would have punched them in the face. Well done... *goes to comicbookdb.com* Ryder T. Windham. Well done.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004

Chaos Hippy posted:

Not gonna lie. I choked.
Yeah, that first one... I'm all misty...

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Beasts of Burden has a lot of moments that belong in this thread. I think the short stories are where the series hit it's stride the best.

From the first story:

Context: The dogs investigate a haunted doghouse and find dog bones buried underneath it, from long before the house was there. Suddenly a ghost springs up from the bones:

I looked pretty much like all the dogs in the last panel the first time I read this.

From a more recent short story:

Context: The dogs run across a random flock of sheep all alone in a field. They have a run in with the sheep dog at first, but the sheep tell him its alright and send him ahead to scout around.

The final page, showing what Jack saw that upset him so bad, is less touching than it is horrifying though...

choobs
Mar 25, 2004

Or is it Sputnik posted:

This is the thread for emotional ("touching") comic moments, no one said they'd be emotional in a happy feelz way. Just two pages back is a sequence of a guy and a dog dying alone in a car, chrissakes.

The dog didn't die YOU MONSTER!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

choobs
Mar 25, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

The entirety of Essex County

This man right here. He knows what he's talking about.