Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Graphic novels are comic books, too, fyi

A boy who gave everything for her, and a girl who would give anything to have him back. This is the end of the world.

Omar's the kind of big brother we all want to have. This one gets me every single time.

VVVV Sorry, I could have sworn I typed the source, but then I edited in a couple pages and must have deleted it. They're both from issue #3 of Vimanarama, by Grant Morrison and Philip Bond.

indigi fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Superman's telepathic and has selective super-hearing. Even if you want to say he only hears at the speed of sound, the human voice can't travel more than a few hundred feet without it being distorted beyond all recognition. Which is why the "he hears everyone and is super bummed all the time" is dumb, too.

Sigma-X posted:

The notion of Clark sitting in an office and hearing Ollie shout for him, while literally ignoring the thousands of people screaming in pain and suffering around the world, and then rushing off to Save The Day just bugs the everloving poo poo out of me. He's selectively omnipotent, and they're even mentioning it here, and that bugs the poo poo out of me.

The thing I like about Superman is the earlier panel talking about Superman's hell being unable to save people while they suffer. The thing that the Ollie panels ignore is the fact that he's literally doing this every moment of his life.

That's a really boring and lovely comic, though.