Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Otoyomegatari - The Bride's Story - Chapter 81

(Right to Left)

'Otoyomegatari - The Bride's Story' can be read here
Highly recommended

I've posted about it before in the Good/Bad Art Thread and it's just an absolutely breathtaking series from an art perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is unironically why manga is a great counterpart to comics, because once a series ends they don't reboot the drat thing and there's not 7 different series of the same character.
Like the genre def has it's own trope issues, but it's nice to not have to worry about whether or not a character stays dead :v:

wrt to Cap, I feel like he's a difficult character to handle if you're going to pull the "No ma'am I come from a simpler time where we stand up for what's right" card; and it's probably a very fine line to walk between making it sound poignant and making him sound like an idiot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fair cop :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310 won Best Issue at the 2019 Eisner Awards.

If you haven't read it you really really should, because it's everything that's great and pure about what makes Spider-Man, Spider-Man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I'm usually not a fan of storylines where they kill old forgotten side characters to raise the stakes but honestly there are way too many symbiote people running around.

I mean if you've got enough symbiote people to fill a mass grave, then maybe that's too many symbiote people.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It was clearly his Dead Model Decoy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best thing about those panels is that the guy mentions Comic Con, which means Comic Con exists in universe, which means some nerd has probably made a slutty version of basically something they really shouldn't have made a slutty version of.

Most likely a villain.

I've decided it would be slutty Norman Osborn.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Onmi posted:

You know why every Hank Pym redemption story fails? Because people made a big deal about and are trying to redeem him for something almost every hero has done. Peter Parker doesn't need a redemption arc for the times he hit Mary Jane. Why? Because no one focuses on the times it happened and bog the character down. Hank's not special, the only special thing is how people refuse to drop it, and even if one writer does a 'redemption' the next writer will reset the button and it's back to loving basics.

Why does he keep hitting Janet though every time the reset button is hit? You'd have thought she'd learn after the first time :thunk:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Art is fantastic as well :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It took me a moment to realise those are all different babies+couples as well.

Just a real good :3: moment knowing Spidey has done that more than once :kimchi:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dopes series of panels, but what's the go with the popped collar look?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The best. Thank you for posting :allears:

Kinda hoping we get to see this kind of Thor eventually in the MCU.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do NOT google Cookie Puss

You will only find more photos of Cookie Puss

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goons: "Awww Spider-Girl is so cwute~"
Also Goons: "I need to know if Spider-Girl was canonically murdered"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"How'd you do that with your cape?"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I liked Reign, where the hook was Mary Jane dies because radioactive sperm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Benjamin Yancy Street Parker, you were named after the 2 bravest men I know.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh so we're just going to cry to comics today, is that it?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi gay.
I'm son.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rhyno posted:

People are so mad about this, I had to bail on a previously decent FB group.

I don't know the character well, but was this a natural character moment for them? Cause it feels like it was.

If morons are gonna expose their whole rear end as homophobes over innocent poo poo like this, loving let em reap what they sow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Context?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SimonChris posted:

The Man of Steel (1986) #5

Always nice to see a sympathetic Bizarro portrayal.

"A robot! And we all know that they don't have any souls, so now I can kill him!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The mangaka for Chainsaw Man, Tatsuki Fujimoto, put out a one shot today and you can read it here for free - https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100188
It's a very sombre affair, and posting panels would spoil it, but well worth a read.

Trigger warning: Suicide

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We're stronger than we think we are: Calculating how long it takes a child to die on Everest

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nightwing (2016) - Issue 100

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Chapter 103 of Dragon Ball Super dropped, and it's likely the last that Akira Toriyama wrote before his passing

Acts as a bit of an epilogue to the current arc, and ends with this series of panels - and the first time Goku meets Pan, his grand daughter

:unsmith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah, he's waving to Pan's kindergarten teacher.

Piccolo usually picks Pan up, and he's been training her.

Piccolo remains Best Dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AFAIK Toriyama wrote Super, and Toyotarou draws it.