Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

SlimWhiskey posted:

Who is the artist on that? It looks like the guy who does The Goon.

Probably because it is the guy who does The Goon! Eric Powell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Morph is still around, yes. He was last seen helping out the new Exiles team, before the comic got cancelled (well before its time).

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

prefect posted:

I didn't follow the comic all the way to the end, but I do remember that Morph isn't actually Morph -- he's that Scottish reality-warping guy in Morph's body, but with Morph's brain patterns written on top of his, which isn't exactly the same.

It's revealed that the crystals that were holding the bodies of the former Exiles, Morph included, were slowly "dissolving" them away. Although in a more technobabble kind of way. However, this worked out in Morph's favour, because the crystals got rid of Proteus first, returning Morph to his loveable self with no reality-warping Scot involved.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Zerilan posted:

I haven't read Injustice, but why IS Superman apparently being a badguy there?

It all starts when the Joker doses him with Scarecrow fear gas (laced with kryptonite, probably) that makes him see Lois Lane (pregnant with their hybrid baby) as Doomsday. So he punches her into outer space, where the gas wears off, and promptly comes back to Earth in order to punch Joker's heart out through his chest. Batman goes :aaa: and Superman goes on to hold a press conference (via urging from Wonder Woman) where he reveals his secret identity and states "This poo poo stops now - what poo poo? All of it. All the poo poo. Stop it right now. I have laser eyes."

So the US government, in its infinite wisdom, kidnaps his parents. The Justice League kinda rallies behind Superman because that was the dumbest move in the history of forever. Then Aquaman goes loony for some reason, everyone starts punching each other, and Superman cannot quell his rageboner while Batman quietly mourns the loss of his beloved nemesis.

It's not a very good comic.

edit: aw snap, beaten to the punch multiple times. I'll go grab a panel. Watch this space.

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #15. Rewind and Chromedome's last moments together. They may be robots (in disguise), but it still tugs on the heartstrings a li'l bit :smith:

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 11, 2013

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

DarkCrawler posted:

So...what's that book?

It is the backup story in the otherwise terrible "World War Hulks: Captain America vs. Wolverine" from the equally terrible World War Hulks crossover event, as penned by our own Hyperactive.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

evilmiera posted:

Huh, I guess Peter is this universe's Gwen Stacy. The true love that died and keeps being brought up in conversation.

Wonder if that's ever going to turn up in the TV series or if that's going to continue being boring "whacky" one-parters with very few lasting bits of plot.

Ultimate Spider-Man the cartoon has nothing to do with Ultimate Spider-Man the comic book apart from the name and the fact it's about Spider-Man. The plotlines are completely divergent from go.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Let's go to the expert on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gD430HbJAc

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Endless Mike posted:

I hope this was thrown out because it means Vader was too dumb to go find another cyberneticist to see if he could get lighter limbs. It's not like they're particularly uncommon considering the Rebels had one in their flotilla to make Luke a new hand.

Here's how that would go: Vader shows up, says "take a look at my robo-bits", the mechanic opens him up, and etched into the metal is "change anything and you'll regret it - xoxo The Emperor".

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
For a while, during the heights of the New 52, Injustice was basically the best book that DC was publishing.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ImpAtom posted:

Morrison-M and Morrison-D both exist at the same time but can never be in the same room or it will cause space-time itself to distort into a fracture-universe whereupon all things exist at once and yet do not exist at all.

Morrison bursts into Dan Didio's office, spewing half-chewed mushrooms from his mouth as he screams "I'VE BEEN FREEBASING THE INTERNET AND I HAVE A GREAT NEW IDEA FOR A CROSSOVER"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So in the last couple of years, Bruce has died and come back to life, discovered he had a son he didn't know he had, and now he's got amnesia for some reason.

The Brave and the Bold has somehow become the Bold and the Beautiful.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Travis343 posted:

His son has also died and come back to life.

Have we gotten to long-lost evil twin and/or sudden inexplicable coma territory yet?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Choco1980 posted:

I'll put it this way. Waid's book in the series about Ibn al'Xuffasch--Kingdom Come's adult version of Damian years before Damian was a thing--brings Luthor to the Batcave and then brings Braniac and Ra's al Ghul back to life, so that they can lump their intelligence together to solve the current time-unraveling threat happening to their world. Then he tricks Braniac and Luthor into killing each other. Then he has a big dramatic swordfight with grandpa Ra's atop the robot dinosaur, ultimately besting and killing him, cause he's just so :krad: of an Original Character Do Not Steal.

This sort of blatant favouritism is completely different from when Batman does this exact same type of poo poo because

Oh, I guess because he actually kills them.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Uthor posted:

Peter also needs her because she's one of the few people who know what happened, so she can fill him in on things like, oh, why he owns a company now and who all his employees are and what they actually do there.

You know, I love how they wrote this big, convoluted storyline in order to retcon away Peter and MJ's marriage so that Spider-Man would be "more relateable to the reader" and then within ten years of that, he's the head of a multinational corporation.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Maybe if they'd waited to finish the big crossover reboot before launching all the new titles, we'd know what the gently caress was going on.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The bit I remember about that scene in the movie is the kid with the ice cream. In the comic version, the kid (and the ice cream vendor) are both black. In the movie, they're white.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Travis343 posted:

Something doesn't add up here.

PBS Newshour posted:

Isn't the bad webcomics thread just really a general comics thread, I remember they also used to discuss It Hurts and they ended up genuinely liking that.

Good stuff is often posted as a sort of "palate cleanser" or gentle eye bleach to soften the impact of the truly terrible comics.

There's been some very good Japanese and French comics posted in there to great acclaim, for instance, amid all the times people have posted Goblins, Dresden Codak, and Sister Claire, etc.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

It's a little hard to tell considering the way she's speaking, but I think it's supposed to be a technical loophole: Donald Blake (I assume) is holding the hammer, so he's the one "lifting" it while she moves it. I'm not certain though, because that's two pages and next to no context.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Wade Wilson posted:

Yeah, it kind of falls apart when the X-man saving someone from elaborate suicide commits elaborate suicide doing so, but still.

He doesn't die there, in fact he shows up later on in... I wanna say X-Force. The one with Cable leading the team.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

SonicRulez posted:

We already have a Superboy. Superlad? Superkid? Young Super?

Superman Jr. of course.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I think it's already a given that this won't last, since in the new Civil War Part 2 Inhuman Boogaloo, they predict that the Hulk is gonna go murdercrazy and everyone shows up on Banner's doorstep.

Spoilered just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

site posted:

It should be noted that this was after cho stole all of Bruce's gamma power so he theoretically wouldn't have been able to hulk out anyways. He just looked mad so Clint killed him

This got addressed in the amazing "Captain America is secretly a super Nazi" storyline that's currently running. Nazi Cap sent a bunch of gamma data or something to Banner in the hopes he'd Hulk out and get eliminated or something.