Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

d00gZ posted:

I just read about this, and does anyone else think Ambrose Chase from Planetary is a play on Ambrose Bierce and being a superhuman who escapes certain death?

That would be several orders of magnitude more subtle than Ellis generally writes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I think Daredevil #10 is my single favorite issue since I got back into buying floppies last year. Here, DD's coming after Mole Man because he stole a bunch of coffins from a cemetery, including his father's.

Do they address the fact that everything Moleman is saying to Daredevil about his dad applies equally aptly to Moleman's entire reason for doing this poo poo to begin with?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Lose #1

The little onion lookin' guy is in hell at a bar populated by cartoon characters.

Duncan the Wonder Dog

I'm... not entirely sure you've got a handle on the meaning of "touching and inspiring".

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Adam Warren isn't particularly bad, although he's really stylized in a very particular way which is easily to dislike.

And no, it's not anime. for one thing, when was the last time you saw anime with ubiquitous gigantic lips.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Pro tip: anyone claiming Leverage isn't awesome should be ignored regarding television shows and/or RPGs.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Breast probably isn't meant to convey "tit" in that context

No, it pretty clearly is.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Wapole Languray posted:

It's a double blind. You're supposed to think "Hyde is a pervert", and then he ends up caring more about her heartbeat.

While I love Moore, and appreciate his ability to layer meaning and incorporate symbolism, I've also read "Lost Girls" and therefore believe that you're reading too much into it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Alacron posted:

Okay, so RiddleMeThis, KilurKrok, and PuddinFreeDiet are obvious, but I'm having a brain fart on who FlippingOut is supposed to be. :confused:

Penguin, probably

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm guessing either Two-Face (because his coin) or Joker for more literal flipping out.

Alacron posted:

Oh poo poo, I think it is Two-Face, he has two posts, one is all lowercase and calm, THE OTHER IS ALL CAPS AND PISSED OFF.

I figured penguin on account of flippers but this is a much better interpretation

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

See, to me, well before she started working on popular TV shows, Rebecca Sugar was "The person who made that Simpsons comic and Pug Davis"

It took me an embarassingly long time to figure out why the weird faces Steven was making looked so familiar to me.

Whatever happened to Pug Davis, anyway? I mean, I assume it fell by the wayside when she got involved in animation, but it just vanished off the web one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The rear end scene is good because it's a quintessential example of Superman helping, not because he's powerful, but because of who and what he is.

The Deadpool scene is good because the writer recognized that couldn't possibly work for Deadpool, and found a way that he could help anyway, and in a way that is both real and not often seen in cape comics.

They're both good scenes.