Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Gavok posted:

From Blue Beetle #7. After the events of Infinite Crisis, Jaime had been missing for a year and came back to a horrified family that thought he was dead. When he turned into Blue Beetle to show that he was telling the truth, his little sister freaked and became deathly afraid of him from then on, even when he's in his regular human form. With his friends and family, he went back to the crater where he landed and tried to retrace his steps, remembering what happened to him back during Infinite Crisis.

I'd like to congratulate you on doing something DC and it's conventional marketing cold never do and that is sell me on this series. If I had read, even out of context, those pannels in some blog I would have bought the gently caress out of this series. I now feel shamed to rectify this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

KittenofDoom posted:

Sorry, but even Superman's super hearing still works at the speed of sound, right? If they're in the South Pacific, and Metropolis is East Coast-ish, then Ollie's cries would still easily take 6+ hours to reach him. Roy would be long-dead before Superman even heard anything.

indigi posted:

Superman's telepathic and has selective super-hearing. Even if you want to say he only hears at the speed of sound, the human voice can't travel more than a few hundred feet without it being distorted beyond all recognition. Which is why the "he hears everyone and is super bummed all the time" is dumb, too.

whatsabattle posted:

Yeah and a MAN who can FLY? What the heck is that about?

Grant Morrison in Rolling Stone Magazine posted:

Even as Hollywood transforms itself into a superhero-industrial complex, struggling to find "gritty" and "realistic" takes on flying Übermenschen in rubber suits, Morrison revels in the glorious madness of these stories. "People say kids can't understand the difference between fact and fiction, but that's bullshit," he says. "Kids understand that real crabs don't sing like the ones in The Little Mermaid. But you give an adult fiction, and the adult starts asking really loving dumb questions like 'How does Superman fly? How do those eyebeams work? Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?' It's a loving made-up story, you idiot! Nobody pumps the tires!"

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

The death of Johnny Storm was a real emotional punch, but I always though Hickman really knocked it out the next issue, showing the FF's various grieving processes. For example, sometimes you just gotta hit something, and nobody knows that better than Banner and Thor.

I think the best part is Hulk stopping Thor and then seeing that Ben isn't even doing that much damage before he just collapses.

Fantastic Four #588

everything about that artwork is gorgeous. Who drew this? I'd kill for the originals.