Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I love book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Y'all are suckers I got Babe Ruth

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

As far as I remember, it was completely open.

I can't remember perfectly if there was a DH, but i'm going under the assumption that there was.

There was

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ManifunkDestiny posted:

just joined 2 man band, was thinking about using @OldHossRadbourn but his seasons weren't actually all that good, other than innings-eating

Well I mean his best season was 1884 and the database only goes to 1885

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

So, Wally Schang is basically Brandon Inge with a slightly worse arm and better offense for even cheaper. Highly recommended.

(His PH CS% is around 30%, he's catching 27% for me, I think Inge is 34% or so)

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Well yes, but I think that expecting 54 RC from Schang is a bit light. I'd say he could pretty easily outdo Inge.

I'm probably going to continue using Schang over Inge because a) catcher that can steal lol b) under $3m c) gently caress brandon inge.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gently caress Tim Keefe got taken now what am I gonna do

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I'm seeing options. Not ideal options but they are options, and some of them probably won't be picked

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gyroball posted:

All my targets blacklisted or off the board...totally lost...Deacon Phillippe? Yeah I don't even know who that is.

Phillippe's not a bad pick, I was looking at before deciding I'd look for someone with less innings on account of having Ruth's to fall back on. Actually a good pick who's still around is Bob "loving" Caruthers, but I'm leaning for someone more like Toad Ramsey.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Although I've just come across another option, that really only works for me because Ruth has 900 innings. Lady Baldwin has 2 really good years, one 270 innings one 640 innings, and like nothing after that. The question is whether 1800 innings total is enough for only Ruths as fielders in Coors, especially with 640 of them being one pitcher and sort of hard to draw innings from.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

The Baldwin years are great. Ruth's are pretty good, but not great. Overall the team would end up with roughly 1800 quality innings and then another 200-300 poo poo innings. It'd be an interesting experiment, I think, and it's actually a situation unique to Ruth so I'm the only one who can try it. I might go for it on that basis alone.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

gardenald posted:

Man my Barry team is gonna get murdered defensively

They'll hit a million dingers though

e: Love my team .315/.472/.657 line

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

My team is well over the salary cap. I could probably shave off a few of these 9,500 PA though.

What, how, how are you over the 255m cap, Ruth + Feller isn't over it and i'm not even sure it's possible

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

It has to be 200k and it has to be as lovely as possible

Can I suggest 2010 Jeff Suppan

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

You call that a 2008 Reyes?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

They live!!!

Interesting note from that box score, we're just 16 games into the season and HoJo has already committed his fifth error.

Why is jeff using him at 3B when he is using Ryan Zimmerman at SS

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Jim Wynn!!! He owns

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Ahahaha poor Pedro Martinez, now instead of being in the Bonds/Appling/Ichiro division he's pitching in the Bonds/Ruth/Lave Cross division.

imagine :q: munching a hot dog

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

not enough dingers imo

Hell of a game 1

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

So, um. This happened.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

League first!

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

League first what?

assuming CGSHO.
Yep. Nobody else has thrown one yet, there've only been 5 CGs and that's the only shutout.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I'm not sure if this was the best or worst idea ever

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

The only way that could have been better would be if you needed the 23-run 9th to win.

I'm the team with Babe Ruth

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

In Two-Man Band, my Pedro Martinezes have allowed 28 dingers in 144 home IP at the Astrodome, and 16 in 114 on the road.

this probably has something to do with it

e: that's 13 of your road homers right there, babe ruth owns

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

I probably shouldn't have allowed Spoonfed to take George McQuillian in the 2 man band league.

It was his call, unless it was someone with like 1000 career innings I would have allowed them. Even Hoyt Wilhelm, sure it's dumb and isn't going to work but it's his team.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i am ready, don't know if it is going to be anyone other than you and me though

I don't have my copy yet

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Quasimango posted:

Kind of getting sick in finishing at .500 in theme leagues.

Also, how badly should I want this guy?

That's a pretty good glove but his bat is kind of weak, only his eye is "wow that rules" and his splits are terrible and mediocre respectively, and his contact is Kingman-like while his power is only average. Also, the glove gives him an inflated overall so he'll get more expensive than he should quickly.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Ox Miller is just fine as a setup a if your offense is good enough

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

kensei posted:

Did you get your copy yet?

Yeah it came yesterday, I've been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to start but I will be able to soon!

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Astrodome with Schmidt and Jim Jam, noo

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

If I'm not mistaken your roster is 1986 and 1987 NL chumps, 1999 AL champs, 2004 AL chumps? 2004 Melvin Mora looks nice, he was an Oriole so I assume he counts. If you used 2004 AL as your champs you'd get Chone Figgins but don't do that please, similarly 1987 Terry Pendleton with '87 NL as champs.

Your 3B options are pretty weak aside from Schmidt, yikes. I'd still go with Mora, though.

e: as far as 1Bs: um, I dunno. '99 Edgar Martinez? oh wait the mariners were chumps that year. yeah those are definite sore spots

saffi faildotter fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 12, 2011

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Jim Jam's gonna be kind of a weak power bat at 1B (irony zone) but he might be your best call for OBP. Not really a huge fan of him in the Astrodome. Ideally I'd go for someone like '87 Jack Clark, but the Cardinals were champs that year.

I'd be considering '99 Giambi, but eesh he's just a more expensive Thome.

e: 1987 John Kruk. You have to do this

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Guys. Guys. Guys.

Guys.

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14951114&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

It has gotten to the point where these scores no longer phase me.

1,000 runs or bust.

Given that a pitcher can only throw 255 pitches before the end of the game, I feel like that's impossible

Actually wait a minute even assuming all 53 walks were on 4 pitches and every one of the 58 hits was off the first pitch that's still 270 pitches minimum

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

toadee posted:

yah it just stops counting at 255

Dusty Baker recalibration index allows you to stop counting at whatever pitchcount you choose!! Stop caring after just 10 pitches, or maybe wait for 4000, it's up to you

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

The TOC starring Treble In Trouble has started! I got seeded 5th in the East, Kensei's team is 8th, also in the East. Even if we both win against our first round opponents, we play eachother in the second round :(

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

kensei posted:

Are we ready to start #WiS book club yet?

I have my copy finally, I don't know if there was anyone other than me you were waiting on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

kensei posted:

Yay I made it out of the first round in the ToC! I knocked off a #1 seed!

:woop:

I won two games on the road to start the series and then lost two at home. Now I have one final game on the road. Not looking good for Treble In Trouble

saffi faildotter fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 22, 2011

• Locked thread