Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Also, simleague records get skewed by stupid gimmick teams (for example my all-Dave Kingman team that went like 41-121 or something)

HBD is definitely a different animal, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

saintonan posted:

DiMaggio in particular is a different animal.

DiMaggio is a dachshund with brain damage.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

My 9th playoff appearance is about to happen. I've ridden my MDP ripoff team to a 110-49 record so far, and with any luck, i'll win another, or at least get to another world series!

Is THAT what that team is? Well, I'll probably wind up running into you in the playoffs, dammit.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

I'm down.

I could get in on this

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Please don't sweep me.

This is not something that I think you should have any concerns about

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

You haven't really lived until you've played Dave Kingman at short

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Bob Shabazz posted:

:respek:

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Hey Garcenald, interested in playing our playoff series Live? I was originally worried about pitcher stamina, but everyone appears to be basically alright.

Yeah, I'm down. I'll hop on now.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I'm in with Barrold Lamar

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

I always knew he had it in him

How much would you all pay me to make Padilla my 2 man band pitcher?

I would not pay you a drat thing but I would be endlessly entertained by it, at least until, y'know, it got old.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Man my Barry team is gonna get murdered defensively

They'll hit a million dingers though

e: Love my team .315/.472/.657 line

gardenald fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 15, 2011

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I need a name for my Carl Mays and Barry team

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

The Barryal of Ray Chapman

Yesssss

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The ultimate cookie is still 1904 Billy Milligan

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14748176&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10

This league is gonna be the best league

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Hey Gardenald, what's this 0-2 poo poo in the ToC? :mad:

I'm getting one-runned to death

0-1
3-4

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

The best game that ever was or ever will be.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Here we go, Macho Man team 1st edition

I'm not sure if Punto stays but god I want to keep him

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

Here's Jeffersonlives' Macho Man team. He can't currently post it because he got probated for not liking The Miz.

Oh god dammit

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Oh god dammit I do not have the money or the time for this but I'm gonna wind up doing it anyhow aren't I?

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

As far as having time for it, your teams won't be due until probably mid-july and the themes are already posted so there's plenty of time to get them made.

Money, on the other hand - you're guaranteed to be sinking at least $93 into it between six teams and a $15 GC. If you can't afford that right now then just go ahead and pass. It'll be back next year.

Yeah, I think I'll have to wait until next year for it.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I would draft him 1(1) and never look back

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Doc did it again :stare:

:argh:

I'll get you next time, Gadget, next tiiiiime

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

nasboat posted:

:smug:

only cost me a cool $31m which means punting my entire draft

Worth it.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I would absolutely sign that guy. I love ridiculous skillsets.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

I am never going to win another world series!

I lucked into one and then resumed my regularly scheduled programming of making the playoffs and immediately losing in the playoffs.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Apparently there's almost no interest in a 4th season of two man band. I thought we'd fill in 2 seconds like last time!

Eh. For me, once was enough. It got frustrating looking at a 9+ team ERA all season.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Awww man :smith:

Don't worry, my team's pretty bad this season

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

kensei posted:

We discussed it briefly on twitter, but is there any interest in a WiS Fantasy Football league?

Man I haven't done fantasy football in a few years, I might be interested in getting back in

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Hey Gardenald, would you be up for playing our champs and chumps series Live?

I'm always up for live, unless I already have plans (which usually involve drinking)

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Dryb posted:

Super-cheap IFA catcher I got last year with a pretty varied skillset:

My projections aren't very good, but you get the general shape. How good/useful do you think this guy will be?

At the very least he's a ML backup/defensive replacement/bench guy. He'll wind up with a decent slg and avg, but he'll probably obp sub-300 most years.

Still, I'd absolutely sign him for short money. I love ridiculous skillsets like that, though.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

There's 5 opening in the HBD private world Rice Not Lynn, for anyone looking to pick up a team. They've been open for over a week and aren't getting much play, so a small invasion is plausible. Open teams draft 3, 4, 9, 10 and 17 (due to a Type D pick between 1/2).

Almost half the current guys half won a WS apparently, huh. No wonder my team sucks.

E: Also! The vacancy in my division (AL East) drafts 9th. I share the division with two teams named the "Blue Sox" and the always clever "Red Sox." I would consider a name change if someone wants to join me in playing off those silly geese.

I'm half tempted to join up as the Paisley Sox just for shits and giggles

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

As much as I love dingers, I don't think I would object if Barry just did this for the rest of the season.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Having never used '07 Barry before, I now intend to use him as much as possible. What a great guy to toss in the 9 hole for most of the season (moving him up for important series)

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

EvilBeard posted:

WiS Fantasy Football Edition

The password is: hojo

edit: I had to make a new league to include sacks as a scoring stat. If you joined before, rejoin now!

Count me in

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

:stare::stare::stare: Billy Milligan :stare::stare::stare:

Love that 200k Billy Milligan season

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

This team is pretty close to the best i've ever made. Gotta love annoying speed teams!

If 'love' in this context is a synonym for 'stab' then I completely agree

Death to speed teams doubles forever

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Tom Seaver is an rear end in a top hat. AV can back me up

I can also get behind this post. I don't remember which league it was, but Seaver was godawful for me.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Devo posted:

It's DITR day! And with the new changes to how DITRs work they should be a lot more useful, and...oh...

So what you're saying is I'm setting myself up for massive disappointment just like every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

I've had a gimmick team idea floating around the back of my head for a little while, but I won't have time to put it together for a few days

• Locked thread