Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Woo new thread! Will we be tracking OL rushes here, I am down to only 2 active teams...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I enjoy reading as well. Let's dooooooooo it!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I joined Art, will you pay for my team? :)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

nasboat posted:

kensei, I believe it's your pick in the hitter draft for Two Man Band. Please don't take who I want. :)

I picked, and I am sure it will be terribad.

Also, I can't get the instructions on how to add players for ineligible positions to work :?:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I went with a high OBP guy who had C eligible position seasons in Anson. I thought about just a modern high OBP guy, but I realized that having a C would lead to a lot less passed balls and hopefully stem some of the stolen bases; conversely, Cap has some stolen bases in addition to his high walks, and I hope to exploit the people who don't pick catchers at all...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

I was going to take Cap and I think you knew that :smith:

Noooo we didn't even talk about him, we talked about that other dude who had the C cookie season, that was who I thought you wanted!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I need two $200k guys

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

hitter or pitcher?

I don't think either will play, but give me one of each please.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Wouldn't it be better to do this in the WIS forum thread (especially so the other owners can see that you're getting 200k guys)?

I did, I was just thinking Art was here more...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ManifunkDestiny posted:

how do I draft people out of position? I can't seem to get Ichiro to be a shortstop. He doesn't come up when I search for him in the draft center :(

Get the player ID of the Ichiro you want, then go add any random dude to your team as a SS. Right after you do that, the URL of the draft page will have the player ID of that random guy. Replace that number with the appropriate number for the desired Ichiro year and hit enter. Now Ichiro should be your SS!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I need to buy my sixpack of teams, I will do so soon.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I have no goons in my division in the Two Man Band league, but one guy has 28 championships. Yikes.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

There's a guy with 56 championships in the division Nasboat and I are in. I got stuck in a division in the last-place teams league with a guy with 46 too.

Well I will stop complaining.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

toadee posted:

I would call Raines a cookie player.

http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/stat_snapshot.asp will show you the most used players, '83 and '86 show up there, although nothing compared to '87 Coleman and '80 Dilone.

Oh my. What other helpful parts of the WiS site can you recommend?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Fielding
Errors: L.Gehrig (1), L.Gehrig 4 (4), L.Gehrig (1)
PB: L.Gehrig 6

And I still lost

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Oh my goodness

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Let's see how bad this will be :v:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

kensei posted:

Let's see how bad this will be :v:

No comments?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Day baseball owns and you should be ashamed.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

empty quote

weekday day games suck, i have things to do

I got my copy of The Game, when are we starting the Book Club?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I don't have my copy yet

Ok cool, we can wait for you. Anyone else?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

I am sitting this out because it's hockey and I just started working so my time is a bit short, but keep me updated on the progress.

I am not a hockey fan but this is pretty highly praised so I am willing to give it a shot.

Scrotos posted:

What book are you guys reading?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Ken_Dryden)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Hey Kensei, I got a sitemail from teveritt saying that your 200k player got a hit and then drove in the winning run against him in the clones league. The rule is those 200k players need to be at rest at all times. So yeah, don't let those dudes play.

Whoops I thought those guys were on rest but they were not. Fixed!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

That's our kensei, always ruining everyone else's fun. What a mean guy!

Double posting to say screw you AV

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

You're just proving my point :(

:(:hf::(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Yay

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bob, your lineup reminds me of something. Do you guys not designate closers and just have a bunch of setup guys for some reason that I am just not aware of? Closers cost money or?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

This is happening a lot lately.

Indeed.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I don't have my copy yet

Did you get your copy yet?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Yeah it came yesterday, I've been really busy lately so I haven't had a chance to start but I will be able to soon!

Cool let us know!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Well my OL cookie team fell just short of the playoffs :(

I do like how my two man band team is playing tho!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

toadee posted:

An attempt to save the rest of my Overalls

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14906729&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

:stare:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

It's gradually getting better but I really wish I knew what was going on with my Macho Man stamina

My macho man stamina is crap too, and I am not sure why.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Are we ready to start #WiS book club yet?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I think it is just you, ZJ and me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

bob ordered the book as well, last i heard he hadn't received it yet but that was at least a week ago

It's not like we are in a rush, but I do want to read this.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Yay I made it out of the first round in the ToC! I knocked off a #1 seed!

:woop:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

:hf: my RC&C team was in the same position, they took game one against the 4 seed today. '74 Gaylord Perry went 15-20 in the regular season, 6-0 in the playoffs, and is 2-0 in the TOC with 1 ER in 16 IP.

:):hf::)

AlleyViper posted:

Started off the NLCS in our OL 2-0 then didn't win another game, including an Addie start of 7 shutout innings. :sigh:

:sigh::hf::sigh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

My franchise tournament Indians went to game 7 in the finals of the ToC they were in. I had Addie starting.

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15017928&pid=2&pbp=0&tf=12.95

:sigh:

My Addie was a little better in Game one :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Are we ready to start our book yet?

• Locked thread