Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I would be in good shape if Jeremy Guthrie didn't do whatever he did today :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Scrotos posted:

I always make the playoffs in both and then immediately get knocked out.

:respek:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

jeffersonlives posted:

tbf unless you're building heavily polarized teams that are either real good or real bad (which would be me in both games), your playoff record is usually going to be worse than your regular season record due to quality of comp

I haven't even made the finals though in 8 tries, that is kind of lovely luck.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, me too.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

AlleyViper posted:

If I win the RC World Series I will front Groucho for his first team.

Everybody root for me now!

You're up 3-1, I don't think you need the help :v:

(now that I say this you're hosed)

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Their site is pretty mobile-friendly, though. I can't say I've ever had any issues on my Droid.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

gardenald posted:

You haven't really lived until you've played Dave Kingman at every position

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

It is unbelievable how pitching heavy the BINGO league is. The average team line is .252/.311/.348 :pwn:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm actually referring to a different BINGO league that AV and I are in

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

AlleyViper posted:

Thanks for the world series jinx, Bob. :mad:

Also, Eddie Cicotte is the new Three Fucker Brown. gently caress you, Cicotte.

I guess you'll just have to live with your extra $20 in addition to the WS runner-up credits :sigh:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Frank Baker has a home run in 4 straight games :allears:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

The Mullet Club is ready to make its triumphant return, sans its namesake

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Harry Heilmann is carrying a 21 game hitting streak in BINGO and it dropped his OPS, and it's not exactly like he was setting the world on fire before

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Reardon gives me cookie as hell years of Raines and Boggs, I'm all for this.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

AlleyViper posted:

I love Random Captain

There's a DH, you know.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Random Captains is ready to go, there's a couple players here I've always wanted to use

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

If the last guy doesn't enter RC by 11:00 tonight, I'm back in! :toot:

crazystengel didn't tell me who hasn't entered yet though, could someone in the league tell me the guy or preferably who his captain is?

Looks like the Steve Trachsel guy.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Glorious doubles :allears:

Of course I'm in second place because DOMINICAN BOGGS exists

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Please don't troll

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm still weighing entering.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

This team has really been fun so far

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Scrotos posted:

Paging MDP

quote:

In this league we will bash the pitchers. all pitchers will be 200k. For the hitters you will have a 140M to spend on position players.NO AAA, NO WW,YES TRADES. All teams will be coors field so we can bash the pitchers even more so. see you on the diamond.

That's clearly an MDP alternate account

e: the last "see you on the diamond" is the best part

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15030982&pid=1&pbp=1

Presented as is.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Yes, that would be Cla Meredith the reliever

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

AlleyViper posted:

Jim Rice : MLB :: Art : WIS

Most feared owner of our generation

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I finally overtook DOMINICAN BOGGS which is great because this team could really use home field

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Every time I win in BINGO, AV must also lose, and vice versa.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I am never going to make a World Series

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I always love when this happens at Fenway

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

It's going to be a while before I use any of those guys again.

Now that you say that, next season's captain will be teammates with all of them too.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Of course I'm in.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

The only way to guarantee a pitcher comes in before another is to set him to Setup/Long/Closer A and the other to Setup/Long/Closer B, as far as I know.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

This Jose Lima in twist a loser is awesome. God awful despite a crazy 100/13 K/BB and decent OOBP because he allows a dinger every 3 innings

e: my Paul Quantrill is starting to sell me on the importance of ERA#, he never gives up XBH

Bob Shabazz fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 3, 2011

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

kensei posted:

I'll ask again about fantasy football, I'd love to get a league going.

I'm down (as are a decent amount of people), but I think no one wants to just bite the bullet and make the league :v:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I guess the only major question is IDPs or team defenses, I don't really have a preference.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

EvilBeard posted:

WiS Fantasy Football Edition

The password is: hojo

edit: I had to make a new league to include sacks as a scoring stat. If you joined before, rejoin now!

Join this league you losers :mad:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm in on Pick Six

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Now that I only have two teams, I'm only capable of 0-2 or 2-0 updates, it seems

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

AlleyViper posted:

The way the draft is going I'm going to have to give some serious thought to re-joining Pick Six for another leg...

There should really be a time limit on picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I wish I would have actually tried to put Nelson on my Rule V team

• Locked thread