Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
My champs and chumps team on a 7 game winning streak. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=14712619&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=109

:lol:

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Kind of getting sick in finishing at .500 in theme leagues.

Also, how badly should I want this guy?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
I already made an offer. :( oh well, even if he accepts, I'll still have plenty left in the prospect budget, and i need to move my SS over to 3B soon anyway.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
You know what I love in HBD? When my pitcher, who has a perfect game going through 6 with a 1-0 lead, decides to get himself ejected while batting by arguing balls and strikes, and then the bullpen blows it. Oh, and it's in a pennant race.

Quasimango fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 19, 2011

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Jesus, free agency in HBD is such a money sink. I desperately needed a bullpen guy for the new season but I've had to go without because all the half-decent ones had giant wads of money thrown at them. The one I wanted ended up signing a deal for 5/45.

Also, I assumed they won't go for more years because I offered a guy 1/8, but he ended up signing somewhere else for 2/10. He said he wanted one year.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
This team:

It is scoring 2.6 runs a game in the first 19 games, and only one regular (Mahay) has an OBP above .300. We are playing in one of the best hitter's ballparks, Monterrey.

Is this just really bad sample size luck or is the team really terrible? It was also a mediocre offense last year. I looked at the franchise rankings and the team in the league is 13th in contact, 4th in power, 4th in vLHP, 12th in vRHP and 5th in eye.

This is mainly a rant but it's pissing me off. :(

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
They're both righties, I've thought about it, but Mahay's weakness is his glove and the recommendations say that glove is as important in CF as in SS. I feel like I'd rather have the odd booted ball in short than in center. I might try it later on, but so far he hasn't been too bad there this year, only 2 errors and 0 poor plays in 20 games.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Is OVR seriously underating this guy?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Welp, may as well put him No.1 on the board then. The rest of the guys seem to be a bunch of projected 70's-80's in fielding/health, 60's-70's in hitting grades players. Have the No.15 pick, but a high college scouting grade, so maybe they'll all miss him.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Quasimango posted:

Is OVR seriously underating this guy?

Oh, god drat it, I just missed out by two spots on him from the one franchise with a higher college scouting than me. Yay for the good-field, crap bat SS I got.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
How important is a catcher's pitchcalling, i.e., is this guy going to cut it as a major league catcher?

Got him as an IFA for 10 million (though that was my first offer, so I might have got him for less), and I'm in the NL so no DH. I really want to use that bat though.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
What would you be looking for if you were trading this guy? I had someone tell me I was asking way too much.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
It was definately too much, a good young 2B and a young No.3/4 starter. I'm probably overcompensating for the Hansen debacle. I'm in the NL so I've got no use for him, I guess I'll just troll through the AL teams and see what they'd like.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
If you have a low high- school scout rating, does that just mean that you dont see a lot of prospects or does it mean that the high school prospects you do see have screwed up ratings?

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Okay, thanks, I'm wondering if it screws up their current ratings too. Because I have 20 college/ 7 HS in Dimaggio and like the look of this guy based on his current ratings (it's kind of a crappy draft):

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
No.4. I would like this other guy, but his control worries me, as does his mother.

And then this one I don't see reaching his splits ratings.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
There's 9. Those two, couple of pitchers a bit worse than Snyder, couple of "shortstops" and a few decent hitters. Haren was ranked as auto No.1.

Oh well, guess it's Snyder top, thanks for your help!

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
re. the Clemente draft I was talking about mid-page, Aaron Haren got taken 1st and Snyder 2nd, I ended up with Dillard. Worst draft ever.

On the plus side, my team there is finally good this year. :shobon:

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Well... this is certainly an IFA

And here's one that came IN THE VERY SAME CYCLE OF THE SAME WORLD :psyduck:

Quasimango fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 18, 2012

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
I don't think you could go wrong with either Franco or Schneider.

Popero posted:

I wish I could've signed this Fautino, holy poo poo. He can even run!

His ceiling is basically a 1.100 OPS hitter who can play every game, steal 70 bases and play right field. Thank christ no-one in my division has the budget for him.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.

Quasimango posted:

Well... this is certainly an IFA

Update: it doesn't look like this guy's going to sign with anyone. :lol:

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Perhaps he's Dominican and likes Wade Boggs.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
drat, I just got called out (kind of) on the HBD forums: http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=456351&TopicsTimeframe=30

I didn't actually study anyone's budget, I just bidded up to my limit plus a dollar in case it was anyone else's limit, and got lucky that it apparently was. :shobon:

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Yeah, I don't think anyone's really angry over it, just smacking their heads at missing out like that.

Was an insane offseason though, five guys got a +100m contract.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
I don't really know, but it seems like most people spend at least that on the bench coach, fwiw.

I love that this guy got taken 357th in a draft: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/ProspectProfile.aspx?pid=5094539 World's first 9th inning, close game pinch hitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Why yes, I will give up my 24 yo CF with a .700 OPS and 30 steals (not a huge asset I admit) for someone with the same hitting skills except he's a six years older COF, and also for this guy, who you claim is 'an upgrade over my major leaguer'

Also offered a half-decent catcher, but still, this is why I've traded about twice in six seasons in Clemente.

• Locked thread