Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Hey Dimaggio goons I'll throw my name in if you've got a spot opening up in the next rollover. I showed up a day late last time but I'm still interested.

My credentials are that I watch my kids at home all day so I've got plenty of time to play fake baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Well I'd like to think I'm reliable (I have nothing better to do with my time during the day), but I understand if you've had new owner problems. Just didn't want to sign up with a bunch of mouth breathers in an open league.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

No need for PM if there are general questions that could benefit everyone.

The first few days of the season are the most important of all. Even if you decide that this maybe isn't for you, at the very least, please be able to commit to managing your team through offseason activities. Failure to do so could cripple a franchise.

Well I'm in if you want me. Don't even care if I get a bad team, I want to run for a few seasons regardless.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

What the hell, goons!

Yeah come on I want to see if I got all my lovely relievers and catchers

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Mile High Stadium :hellyeah:
All triples all the time now

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also those assholes denied me my Matt Williams.
I will now attempt to compile the most mediocre pitching the NL West has ever seen.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=39444584&pbp=1

The Schmidt All Star Game. An offensive fireworks show.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Uhhhh, devo, you may want to take care of your pitch counts in the OL.

yeah I was doing 1/rotation size for my starters like they suggested but that seems to be too low. I'm really clueless and I think I'm going to lose 140 games.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

KL Delivery. Now serving 10 states!

Whatever you do don't use that other name, it's awful.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15611362&pid=1&pbp=0
:stare:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Every update lately is like getting kicked in the balls. 0-2 the last 5 updates now.

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15658850&pid=1&pbp=1&tf=1
http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15658946&pid=1&pbp=1&tf=1

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I made something. Everyone go sign up.

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=444836&TopicsTimeframe=30

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

None of my pitchers were quite 100%, so I present to you Glendon Rusch, staff ace.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

lol at this 9th inning

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Art, gimme a rundown of that Aaron team you're giving up. How screwed is the farm system and how bad is future payroll?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Scrotos posted:

Aaron is a very unbalanced world. I had a much better team in there that I got from nasboat and I still left.

This was my problem with Schmidt and why I'm not renewing that world. There's been some definite trade raping going on at the top and some bad owners at the bottom.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

6 runs on 25 pitches is impressive. It's good to have an efficient back end of the bullpen.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Devo and I are in Hometown.

I officially have no farm system after today. It's the complete opposite of my Dimaggio team.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah it's all meant to be one deal. I had it worked out for Gabe Stottlemyre but he pulled 10/5 bullshit and nixed the trade. Ray Lee was actually my third choice there, KC didn't want to move Reed Cook (not that I blame him).

This doesn't seem to be the type of world that pulls the veto trigger lightly so I'm not too worried about it, but I will be pissed it the Canseco half gets whacked and I'm stuck with just Ray Lee.

Now it's time to milk those offers I got for Pete Barnes!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

AlleyViper posted:

Did your trade get vetoed, devo?

Won't know until this afternoon. Hopefully it's just Atlanta being an rear end in a top hat and Pawtucket not wanting me to dominate the division (Because I took 3 of 4 from him at his place(because his team sucks))

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Dumbasses vetoed one half without vetoing the other. Sent it through again and only need one owner to change his mind.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

As is it massively screws KC and I'll feel terrible if it gets vetoed again.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think I'm spoiled by how easy it is to get a trade done in Dimaggio. The response to me saying that Richie Crosby is not the kind of bat I'm looking for in exchange for Pete Barnes should not be to add another bad bat.

e: Also people just shooting me random trade offers with no context drives me nuts. Use trade chat fuckers

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Well the problem is that they never respond back or change their offer after I send them a TC and reject their first offer. Also none of them seem to know what "I want a guy with 80+ power" means.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I think I placed myself into a meat grinder of a division. Washington appears to have a real solid team and Pawtucket is no slouch. Hopefully my boys can fight it out.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Join Groucho's league!

Random Captain: Labor Dispute Edition

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Draft coming up in Hometown. I've got the 7th pick in my first season in this world. This place is stupidly short on pitching and this draft shows why. Here's my top 10 in order, thoughts? (14/14)

I'm thinking I should probably move Spilborghs down because of health/makeup/signability issues but I do like his bat. The best pitchers are tweeners which sucks. Should I move Sele ahead of the long relievers?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

This game is some poo poo

And now I've got to go against his Pedro for game 2

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

And now I've got to go against his Pedro for game 2

http://whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=16109026&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=1

gently caress this, down 0-2 after playing both games at home.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

It's DITR day! And with the new changes to how DITRs work they should be a lot more useful, and...oh...

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

Forgive me if we aren't supposed to talk about IFAs by name, but how much money is David Rosario going to get? Holy poo poo.

$14 mil isn't getting it done. That's as much as I know personally. bastards

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I set 2011 Jonny Venters but didn't come close on my Verlander.

I've got one team left in my six pack so I might be interested in a goon rush if I can think of a decent theme.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Alright I'm sitting on a team you bastards. I vote we join the next league ligapelota is in and name every team DOMINICAN BOGGS (SOMETHING)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Do players injured over the offseason get another bump at rollover? Pete Barnes here really got murdered and didn't get much of a recovery bump now that the season is coming to a close. I'm at $14MM medical because it's my first season in this world and planning on raising it to $18MM next season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Cool. I'm mainly hoping he gets some of that control and velocity back. If I'm adding up the numbers correctly Pete should be back some time in spring training next season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I tried jumping in on that and it put me as the 24th member of a different league. Going to wait an hour or two.

e: In it now

Devo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 28, 2011

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My dinger team in the OL got shut out the first game at home. The sim is obviously broken

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If anyone is interested I found an open world in HBD with the requisite openings to get every park compiled into one list.

See Link below

One interesting thing I found is that STL is no longer on the list. I double checked it. We had an STL team in Hometown last season so I wonder if that was grandfathered in or if there is a difference between private worlds and open worlds in the parks you can choose.

Obviously I shouldn't do things late at night because when I'm tired I'm kind of :downs:
The teams that were already in the league don't show up on the list. Consider this a work in progress for now.

Devo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 9, 2012

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I use a guy with 40 PC on the reg and notice my pitchers struggling more than with my 73 PC backup catcher. I don't think I would go down into the 20s. Also his arm is kind of weak if you play in a league with a lot of base stealers.

That being said he'll be a pretty good trade chip for you when it's time for him to jump out of the minors.

If you really hate your pitchers you could play him at 1B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

If anyone is interested I found an open world in HBD with the requisite openings to get every park compiled into one list.

See Link below

One interesting thing I found is that STL is no longer on the list. I double checked it. We had an STL team in Hometown last season so I wonder if that was grandfathered in or if there is a difference between private worlds and open worlds in the parks you can choose.

Obviously I shouldn't do things late at night because when I'm tired I'm kind of :downs:
The teams that were already in the league don't show up on the list. Consider this a work in progress for now.

I've gone through and added all the parks I was missing. I might try to scam some private world passwords to get the divisional and capacity information that's still not there. But all of the cities and park factors are now in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmDEAqlXc-y-dHlrRlRYTkxqVHYwaGFKM1FzU0NNUlE

• Locked thread