Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Join us AV. Join us. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

My 109 win MDP rip off team got knocked out in the first round against a 104 win equal cookie filled team. All cookie teams are boring.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Do the goons who play both HBD and SLB do about the same in both games? Are there some guys who completely excel at one and not the other?

I make the exact same teams, which is to say I always make the playoffs in both and then immediately get knocked out.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

:respek:

:cry:

In SimLeagues I have had the best record twice and lost in the first round both times. In HBD I have the best record in my league 2 times and lost in the first round both times. But when I am a wild card I make LCS :shrug:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Oh I know, but it is still fun to complain.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

So, after a few months of occasional goading by Bob Shabazz, I guess I'll give this a shot. I have a few questions though:

1. Which kind of league would be best for someone who's a first timer?
2. I will be probably be going on a weeklong vacation this summer. Will my team be totally screwed if I'm gone for a week?
3. This is kind of related to 2, but is there an iPhone app or does the WiS site work well in Safari? I could probably sneak in some basic team tinkering during said vacation.
4. Bob lead me to believe people with lots of credits will give a free season to people who were interested in joining a goon league. I assume I would be helped in this regard?

I use WiS from my iPhone all day every day and it is fine. A week will not kill you as long as you can check occasionally to avoid fatigue hell. Any of our WiS goon leagues are fine for first timers or you can make an OL (open league) team. Those are teams with no restrictions other than you need 25 men and they have to cost less than 80m.

I have no credits to give :(

And welcome. We always like more goons. :glomp: Also, join HBD you can not be worse than Art :v:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

You're up 3-1, I don't think you need the help :v:

Sure he does AV and epic playoff collapses go hand in hand.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

boom

Forged documents, do not prove a thing :colbert:

I have looked and there is no iPhone app. I even sent emails to them offering to make it for free because I want one and they said no :cry:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

Their site is pretty mobile-friendly, though. I can't say I've ever had any issues on my Droid.

Oh I know but some of the HBD things like roster moves (having to click the tiny checks), making salary offers and searching FA could be vastly improved with an app instead of safari.

But I have 3 year of iPhone development and many apps I have made for the companies I work for, why say no to a free service. They can take my code and if they hate it never use it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Dang, you guys are fast.

We all have no lives and thus play sim sports on the internet. So we respond quickly.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

2 man band league thread is up! Evilbeard, I will pay for your season!
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=439123&TopicsTimeframe=30

Not playing if I can not be guaranteed Greenberg/Koufax. I want my Jew Power.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

You can get in right now with either one of them, but I can't guarantee you'll get the other. You might have to go with a different jewish pitcher.

gently caress that noise.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

We're about to start round 2 of two man band. Be ready when it gets to you.

Well you know who I want so if it gets to me Art feel free to auto pick for me.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

No can do. I will skip in front of you and take Sandy

Welp than I will get whatever I get. I just accepted an awesome new job and will be out all weekend partying :toot:

Steaks for everyone! Because I am a baller!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Give me your job, I need a real job.

Even with a goddamn Schedule A letter, I can't get the government to even give me an interview. I'm pretty sure that's illegal!

You can't handle my job :smug: You probably could, I think being ADD is a requirement for programmers.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress you Jefferson for taking Ted Williams I wanted to hit my way to sucking :argh:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Why didn't you take hank?

Because :smug:

I can play with a 31 man team right? :v: Otherwise gotta cut 6 dudes.

Going either PNC or AT&T some homerun killing park. What you guys think? gently caress that Astrodome here I come!

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 15, 2011

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

I just jumped in this league

Why did the 06 Cubs have to be blacklisted :(

Half tempted to join with the 1905 Giants. Mike Donlin and Christy Mathewson :swoon:

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 15, 2011

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ManifunkDestiny posted:

for the 2 man band league, is it reasonable to set everyone's pull rating at 5 since I have a ridiculous overabundance of innings (2250+)?

I planned to do this with Koufax.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

There are at least 7 or 8 of you guys who haven't put your teams in the two man band league. Cmon already guys :mad:

Sorry I work for a living but will do it as soon as I get home or maybe I will hold out till you trade me Louie Howard.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

lol, as if this has ever stopped you (or me, for that matter) from checking HBD on a regular (read: every 10-15 minutes) basis for TCs and offers. :D

Yea I start my new job in 3 weeks and I think I will have to work and can't checks wis every 20 Mins :(

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Quit this job

Or get a smartphone

Got a smart phone but not a very good first impression to make check WiS all the time. Its not like their computer will block WiS, I will just have real work to do.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

haha, that is an awesome post.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

3 games in and 15 steals. 2 man band is fun.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

5 of my Koufax's have yet to even pitch :smug: I got plenty of innings.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Missed the Mordecai playoffs because of tie breakers :argh:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

kensei posted:

Ok cool, we can wait for you. Anyone else?

What book are you guys reading?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

kensei posted:

I am not a hockey fan but this is pretty highly praised so I am willing to give it a shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(Ken_Dryden)

Oh I already read it. It is a good book but I think you got to like Hockey to truly appreciate it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I will draft him and trade him to you Gyro, hurry up and join the league :v:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

so this IFA just popped up prior to the start of the regular season in Mike Greenwell. I'm currently in the lead. :woop:

Holy poo poo balls. Isn't that the one with your already stacked SPing?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Congrats Pecota.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

I have no interest joining this league but one of you should join and post a few boxscores on occasion.

Paging MDP

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gyroball posted:

So how dumb is this contract really? It was a drunk/panic signing I made when I was setting my spring training lineups at midnight and realized I didn't have two decent corner outfielders and saw a guy with 94 power available.

I ask because someone out of the blue sent me a trade offer for him and I could get out of the commitment I made. I don't get much in return ( this guy ) but I don't have to deal with the contract!

I wanted to sign that guy but did not want to give up the picks or that much money, you were suppose to let him sit and his demands go down :argh:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gyroball posted:

Ended up rejecting the deal, I'm keeping Pagnozzi. Dingers above all forever

I have 3 players for you then :)

Also that bastard dangled Green and then snatched him away and would of done Locke/Mota/C for him but I stupidly gave Locke a NTC :suicide:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Thanks for this team Jeff :)

Hopefully I can do some damage in the playoffs.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

08 Joss wins all 3 of his starts so I can win my series 3-2 and advance to the ALCS. More importantly ligapelota got knocked out in the NL. :toot:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

The two man band league where EB and I refuse to win is pretty hilarious.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Made the world series :toot: Come on Addies dont fail me now.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15134319&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=10 What a way to win game 1 of the WS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Apparently I am in the same TOC as AV and 3 ligapelota teams :suicide:

Also I am up 3-2 in the world series. I can either throw a 90 stamina 08 Addie or a fully rested Ed Summer 09 in game 7 if it gets there. Which do I use?

I got 05 Addie going in game 6 hopefully I do not even need game 7. Come on first WS championship :ohdear:

• Locked thread