Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Also, the general rule is, if you see me doing something, you should always do the exact opposite and you will have great success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My 9th playoff appearance is about to happen. I've ridden my MDP ripoff team to a 110-49 record so far, and with any luck, i'll win another, or at least get to another world series!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

Is THAT what that team is? Well, I'll probably wind up running into you in the playoffs, dammit.

Yep, and i'm glad you're making the playoffs over lazerhawks.

You're going down. This league is allllll mine!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I may also want to get in on it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

If I win the RC World Series I will front Groucho for his first team.

Everybody root for me now!

And if you don't win, and I end up winning the world series with my MDP ripoff team, I can give groucho his first team!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Here is my Rule V Dodgers team. I'm using Wes Parker at SS, this is going to be a fun season!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Groucho Marxist posted:

Dang, you guys are fast. I guess I'll join a goon league since people will be willing to help me learn the game. When is the next one starting?

We're a quarter of the way through the current one, but we constantly join OL's, so next time there is a goon rush, we'll make it known.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So my MDP ripoff team ends up 113-49. Vince Coleman stole a couple bases.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Hey Gardenald, we're playing each other round 1 of the playoffs, starting on wednesday, you're going down!

Please don't sweep me.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Someone help me think of a good name for this rule V team. I can't think of anything good.

Edit: Just did the lineup analysis for this, and it came up with the highest runs per game i've ever seen. 7.509. Not so bad!

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 10, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm pretty sure Tony Phillips played a few games at SS, and has a D/D at fielding. Should I move him to SS and Wes Parker to 2nd?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Hey Garcenald, interested in playing our playoff series Live? I was originally worried about pitcher stamina, but everyone appears to be basically alright.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Now that gardenald unceremoniously dismantled my team in every way possible, it's back to the drawing board to win that ever elusive 2nd world series. Here is my change of MDP's team. I'm using a couple offensive guys i've never used before, in Pietz, Grimes, Anderson, and Delahanty. Pitching is largely the same, except for Buttons Briggs, who I just want to try once for the hell of it.

Would this team be anywhere near as good as the last?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

here are my rule V AAA players. Everybody is terrible, except for Gene Hermanski, who may be one of the more useful AAA players i've ever gotten.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

A little heads up to you guys who wanted in on 2 man band season 3. Now that i'm out of the job for a little bit, i'm in the process of making the thread in theme leagues classifieds. Check in a little bit and sign up!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

2 man band league thread is up! Evilbeard, I will pay for your season!
http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=439123&TopicsTimeframe=30

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Not playing if I can not be guaranteed Greenberg/Koufax. I want my Jew Power.

You can get in right now with either one of them, but I can't guarantee you'll get the other. You might have to go with a different jewish pitcher.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ivan Drago posted:

What were the park restrictions on the 2-man Band league again? I assume it's a park one of your two guys played in at some point, yes? Or is it open?

As far as I remember, it was completely open.

I can't remember perfectly if there was a DH, but i'm going under the assumption that there was.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I love that there are now 8 goons in this league.

Edit: 9!

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 11, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

I'm in with Barrold Lamar

Hellyeah. We need 2 more goons to take up half the league. we can do it, guys!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

Art, how do you feel about being way ahead of the real baseball universe on the Vicente Padilla: Ace Closer bandwagon?

I always knew he had it in him

How much would you all pay me to make Padilla my 2 man band pitcher?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

gardenald posted:

I would not pay you a drat thing but I would be endlessly entertained by it, at least until, y'know, it got old.

Just tried putting it together and he only has about 1500 innings. For this league, you need a good 2000+.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

Joe Wood had 1490 and I had the best team in the league last year

Those were 1490 exceptionally good innings.

My boy Vicente does not have that many exceptionally good innings.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

kensei posted:

I joined Art, will you pay for my team? :)

Nope! Just evilbeard!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nerokerubina posted:

So i've never played this before, i chekced out the free game and it was pretty ridiculously overwhelming the volume of players that are arounda theme league like this seems like a decent time to start for that reason but also seems like it's weird to start in a super-heavy theme league on my first go, what do you think?

Well, this 2 man band league is just about the easiest theme league you could possibly partake in. You only pick 2 players and just let the season happen. You really don't have to do any heavy lifting, because no matter what, you're going to have hundreds of passed balls and even more errors. Just reading the box scores for the games are tons of fun.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Here is my like father like son Dixie Walker Sr/Jr team. My hope is that the offense is awesome enough to make up for the underwhelming pitching (except for Walter). I'm also sad that I just had no room for Hank Greenberg unless I played him extremely out of position in 2nd or SS. Also, i'd have to make my pitching staff even worse, and I don't want to do that.

There's no stadium restriction, should I put this in new Yankee stadium?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We seem to have hit a bit of a wall in the 2 man band. We still need 5 more people :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

And I really want to do this, but it's too expensive :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We're about to start round 2 of two man band. Be ready when it gets to you.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm kinda impressed by the guy with two consecutive picks only making one, with that pick being one who was chosen like ten picks ago.

Yeah, that kinda pissed me off. I bet it's going to take a while to get that last person.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Well you know who I want so if it gets to me Art feel free to auto pick for me.

No can do. I will skip in front of you and take Sandy

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Welp than I will get whatever I get. I just accepted an awesome new job and will be out all weekend partying :toot:

Steaks for everyone! Because I am a baller!

Give me your job, I need a real job.

Even with a goddamn Schedule A letter, I can't get the government to even give me an interview. I'm pretty sure that's illegal!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Alright, spoonfed has joined and we are full. I'm sending out sitemails to the next in line right now.

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 13, 2011

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

We seem to have hit an absolute wall in the 2 man band. I guess I shouldn't really expect anything tonight, though. Everybody besides me has lives and is probably going out tonight :v:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

toadee posted:

Gotta admit making a pick before monday seems farfetched for me

You're probably right.

Anyone want to tell manifunk it's his turn to pick?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

...but it's not?

(if you're still referring to 2-Man Band)

It is. Clk just went, now it is manifunks turn.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

What about dodgebob and Calhoop?

They are in the hitters draft. Manifunk is in the pitchers draft.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

Why are the two drafts separate? I don't understand why we're not just going in order, with everyone picking either a hitter or pitcher, whichever one they didn't take first time around.

This is what tdoak did last season. I think it's better this way.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

So dumb and extra confusing, really. Who's to say that the last guy that picked even site-mailed the correct person?

This is not at all confusing. I posted the draft order on page 3. Nobody in season 2 had a problem understanding this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Ignored :)

Gyroball and gardenald, you are up next in selecting Pitchers!

• Locked thread