Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Devo posted:

They suck against cookie Astrodome teams but gently caress the Astrodome anyway

You shut your whore mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

After trying to put together a team for a little bit, I do not like these years at all.

Jimmy Wynn's 1968 was pretty good and the Astros had a losing record (for like the first 10 years). Or Rusty Staub!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Ivan Drago posted:

I'd join you with my own theme but there has been a disappointing lack of players named Ringo in baseball history.

Go with members of the 27 club!

Jimi
Jim
Kurt
Brian
Janis(?)

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

So are each of your teams competing separately and able to advance independently? Or is there cumulative scoring?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

ArtVandelay posted:

This isn't quite as awful as I thought, although this bullpen is going to walk it's fair share.

This team is great because it includes both Jose Altuve and Roy Oswalt. Go Art.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Please come back, Art!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

So I've been messing around with a free OL league just to play with team building and try to get a better feel for SLB. I put together this squad:

Were this a full season, I feel like I skimped a bit on PAs and I'm still not sure how to build a good bullpen. I could use some constructive criticism.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I think this is why I like the Goon theme league, because at least the theme gives me something to focus on instead of browsing an endless number of players/seasons.

Also what's special about Milacki that you can use him as a spot starter in the playoffs?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

No but I'm about to start harassing people who haven't gotten their teams in so please do that

I'll try to have mine in tonight, had to work all weekend so time sort of evaporated.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Devo posted:

I don't think I've ever had a team be so good and then fall so hard as my Musial team. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I didn't make the playoffs, when I was jockeying for the #1 overall 30 games ago.

Not if I have anything to do with it. I'm just hoping I have a SLB team that finishes over .500 for the first time, playoffs would be a bonus!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

On the one hand, win and I earn my first WIS playoff appearance. On the other hand, lose and it could be a 3-way tie and weeeee!

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I've got a bunch of SLB seasons so I'd be down, but I am curious what Pick Six entails. I do love hellish existences!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I think Mantalban's low stamina is compensated for a bit by his higher durability. You could get a lot of low inning starts out of him plus that control is dreamy. It's really close I think, can't go wrong either way but I think I agree that Devruwhabzhshaux is the way to go. Good stamina, good control, good P1. Velocity is low and I have a theory that it can be what pushes pitchers to the next tier but that's pure speculation

• Locked thread