Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Fart Car '97 posted:

God drat, Fuji in camera jpg processing -> wifi to tablet -> minor snapseed editing -> sharing is such a great workflow. I don't want to go back :cry:

Are you and the other people doing this just using the Fuji app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Linedance posted:

The kinds of things I like to shoot are 1) macro stuff and 2) landscapes. I'm not bothered about skin tone reproduction as I don't really photograph people or portraits. What's really holding me back on Fuji is a lack of a good macro option from what I can tell.

Fuji is making a 120mm stabilized macro that is supposed to be 1:1 and come out this summer with the X-T2 but there is an rumor it will be delayed.

If a small lens is important to you the 27mm f/2.8 is absolutely fantastic. But it may not be as wide or fast as you like.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I'm really struggling to like it. All in all I think I'll likely go back to LR just because I'm comfortable with it from before. I'm not enough of a perfectionist that I'd notice any shortcomings it may have with the RAWs anyway.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Do you use a mac? If so you can try Iridiant Developer.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Cool. I just looked into it and the guy that makes it said there will hopefully be a beta March/April

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
What ever happened to Iridient coming to Windows?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
What are the odds the new battery grip works with the X-T1? Please be a number greater than zero.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

The 23/2 is smaller, way faster to focus, weather resistant, and is approximately equivalent to 35mm on full frame. It's like the perfect street lens. I use my 23 more for landscapes so I'm not that interested in the f2 version, but I might swap that for the 16 and then grab a 23/2 to pair with my 35/2 as walkarounds.

There is no reason, other than X100 sales, that they couldn't do the 23 f2 as a pancake x-mount lens right?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
I got the 2 wasabi's with the charger, no complaints. The charger is easier to travel with than the fuji one with its long rear end cable.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Great Job. I lol'd.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Massdrop is having a deal on the Fuji XF 55 - 200 F3.5-4.8 for $559. Which seems like a good deal. It looks like last time it was on sale it was $599 https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fujifilm-fujinon-xf-55-200mm-f-3-5-4-8-r-lm-ois-lens

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Hey Fuji peeps, Massdrop is currently offering the Fujifilm XF 16mm f1.4 R WR at $849.99 with free shipping in the USA, $50 less than the current on sale price and only $20 more than most used prices that dont seem like probably scams (looking at you $750 ebay listing with no seller feedback).

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fujifi...210819270793617

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

The 18-55 is very good, don't get the 16-50 or 18-135.

I've always heard good things about the 18-135, though I've never personally used it.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
How is Fuji's out of camera jpegs these days? My iphone 13 was wiping the floor with my Fuji XT1 when taking indoor family pictures over the holidays. I'm capable of some photo editing but it was certainly nice to not have to edit or set up flash for photos with a Christmas tree in it. I've been mulling over newer Fuji body to use the lenses I have, or getting a cheap Full Frame body I can to use the weird old film lenses I have.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

It doesn't really sound like you need a new camera. What's wrong with sticking with the iphone if it takes good photos? Huge plus in not wasting time processing.

There are aspects of a "real" camera I prefer to the cell phone and I don't mind processing for things I care about. The iPhone happens to be super convenient for low light or harshly back lit stuff, or just for knowing what to do with a snap shot of people.

harperdc posted:

few things will do the magic that newer iPhones can do computationally

I'm mostly curious about this since I have not paid attention to cameras in the last 9 years. If anyone was doing that level of processing in camera?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
Anyone have a recommendation for extra Fuji X-T5 batteries? I finally upgraded from my X-T1 and I've heard the battery life is supposed to be rather good but the single battery only charging in the camera is not optimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

I like the SmallRig batteries that can be directly charged via USB-C, so you can take less stuff when traveling

Oh that's interesting, thanks.

Grand Fromage posted:

The battery life killer for me is the Fuji on/off switch is like a millimeter of movement so my camera would regularly turn itself on in my bag and take dozens or hundreds of pictures. :argh: I eventually had to just take the drat battery out when I put it away.

I feel like the ON/OFF of the X-T5 is harder to use than the X-T1 because the nub is less pronounced but on the 5 it does take less force.