Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
Is the X100 currently the only mirrorless camera (except for a leica) that has a viewfinder built in and good high iso? I'm considering getting one but it's pretty pricy right now and the hybrid finder isn't worth it to me. Maybe if there was another version with EVF only for ~$800 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
All I've been seeing in Disney world is L glass and lens hoods actually being used. The only UV filters I've seen are on the employee photographers. It's a good thing to see.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
The Nikon 35mm AF-S DX f1.8 would probably be pretty nice with a G adapter.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
I'm very strongly thinking of buying an X100. Is it best to buy it new in case I have issues with the AF (I've had weird dreams about this) as well as sticky blades?

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
Nobody told me how nice the X100 box was. And this thing is pretty drat dense.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008

Im That One Guy posted:

- Price: bellow $1000

Don't show me this. X100s will still be valuable because they're the first of their kind right?

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
You could use M lenses to solve the focus by wire problem. I know on the x100 you can zoom into the focus patch by pressing in the rocker but that doesn't really replace peeking.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
Has it been explicitly said that the X100 won't get the new firmware? All I want is that and a telephoto adapter.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008

Digital Jesus posted:

Thanks, will do.

Also veering off topic a moment, I love your work :swoon: I created my Flickr account just to stalk you check out your stuff.

Also note that the MF mode can focus closer than AF so you don't have to switch into Macro all the time.

Silent mode can be toggled by holding the display button.

If you have OVF power save on the meter/histogram wont show up until you half press the shutter.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
I'm thinking of finally upgrading from my x100 to an XT1, has anyone found a preset that has a similar OOC look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008
Doing the calculations it would actually make more sense to just upgrade to the X100F instead of getting the XT1, 23mm and 60mm. I've lived with the just the one focal length for so long I'd probably leave the 60mm at home most of the time anyway. I'll spend the extra money on more medium format stuff.