Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

harperdc posted:

I have family visiting, and I have gotten both onto the Fuji train, but holy poo poo it has been tough to get Fuji stuff around Tokyo at the moment.
If you live in Japan/have the time to wait, Kitamura has a pretty robust second-hand network that lets you order to inspect at your local branch for free, though you do have to pay a small restocking fee if you don't buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Is it just me or does the R100 not make any sense?

So it's a gateway camera for people looking to upgrade from smartphones but they left out touchscreen functionality because what the instabunnies were all secretly craving for was context sensitive button controls? Yes, yes, makes perfect sense. :psyduck:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

blue squares posted:

Why's that crazy? I don't know anything about Fuji

That's a medium format system. So, like, absolutely huge glass.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Fuji just halted sales of the XT5 and S20 in Japan as they can't meet demand.

Just checked this today and yep, they've been completely taken off all the storefronts. Not even "backordered" just completely gone.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 2, 2023

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I wasn't particularly interested in the a9 III announcement until I saw the part that said 120fps burst with AF, supposedly in RAW which is just plain impressive.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 7, 2023

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4jogLG9is

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Seems a lot of money for a single UHS-I slot :barf:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

In the case of Sigma in particular, my understanding is they’ve been fighting hard against their outdated reputation as a cheapo lens company for a while now so I think they have a tendency to overbuild their Art lenses somewhat. That 35mm F1.2 murder weapon, for example, has about twice the amount of elements as the Voigtländer (who can probably get away with a little more “character” with their prestige status)

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 2, 2024

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN II Art just got announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9QbeJFAnc

Looks like... a lens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

If you want to predict by previous release dates, it looks like an X-T$0 model has never been released in the same year as a new X-T$ model. To release 2 such similar cameras in the same year, I imagine a theoretical X-T6 would have to do something fairly special, especially seeing as the X-T50 has taken on flagship features like 40MP and IBIS.

Who knows though, if anyone has the market clout to pull it off, it’s Fuji.