Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

rio posted:

I have the 35 f2 and it is a great lens. When I was getting a 23 I had a tough decision between the f2 vs. 1.4 and ended up with the latter. I’m glad I did because it is so good but they both have strengths and weaknesses.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm thinking of switching to Fuji and window shopping the 35mm f2 and the 1.4, and I'm not really sure what the difference is besides one stop and ~$150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Cool thanks, I'm mostly looking to downsize from my 40D/17-50 2.8, as I never find myself wanting to take it around when we're on vacation, or throw it in my bag, and I figure a mirrorless + a smaller prime is the way to go.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Can anyone with an X-T20 confirm it has the multiple film simulation modes (Astia, Velvia, Provia, etc) that the X-T2 does? I’m testing both from borrowlenses but I don’t know if the X-T20 has the latest firmware or not.

EDIT: weird I just checked the X-T20 and they’re all there now? Weird

E2: setting the camera to the special auto setting leaves you with only Provia/monochrome/sepia

Arcella fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 22, 2017

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I bought an XT-20 2-3 years ago, dang the XT4 looks nice, but maybe I'll get a XT3 if prices are dropping, and get another X lens instead. Really happy with my 35 f/2 though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
What's the favorite general purpose Fuji XF lens? It'd be going on an XT-20 for now, mostly for general touristy shooting.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

harperdc posted:

Zoom - 18-55 2.8-4 should be available cheap used if you don’t already have one. It’s brilliant.

Prime - any of the Fujicrons, though I’d guess that the 50/2 is probably too long for touristy stuff. The 27 pancake is also an option.

Cool, thanks. I have the 35 f2, but for anything <50mm equivalent I kinda just use my phone, so something with a bit more zoom would be nice.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I keep seeing 7artisans pop up on Reddit/insta but don’t have any experience with them.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
welp, sent off my x-t20, we'll see what MPB knocks off of the $350 for not having the charger

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
My X-T20 which I thought was in really good shape was severely downgraded by MPB but gently caress it, it’s easier than the hassle of trying to sell it online.

I did get the X-T4 in today which I was surprised since I just got the free shipping. Unfortunately I have to work so I haven’t gotten to mess with it other than charging it.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I had to sign for my X-T4 and lens from MPB. Luckily fedex came at like noon when I was actually home since I work nights. If I worked a regular schedule I’d be pissed, who is home at noon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Grand Fromage posted:

Just keep buying lenses until you have to wheel a cart of them around with you.

:hmmyes: