Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Hello friends. I ended up buying a XT1 and plan to be traveling around Asia soon for 2 months. I assume I'll have no issues on buying a lens in Japan if I want and using it since a lens is a lens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Ill email Fuji on the warranty then. Good to know that's the only potential issue.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'm going to a baseball game in a bout a month and was thinking of renting a telephoto lens to take some pics from my seat during the game. With the Fuji options I'm guessing the 100-400mm lens would be best but are they even going to allow that if I show up with that lens in my bag? The website for Fenway states "Cameras and video cameras are permitted but cannot be used to reproduce the game and must not interfere with other fans' enjoyment of the game." but I have no experience doing this before so I'm not sure what the really means in terms of what gear is acceptable. Anyone else have trouble, or hopefully no trouble, rolling in with similar gear before at a ball game?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

When you mention the Fuji 56mm is it the APD one or the R version?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Looks real loving dope.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yes. I encountered this last year. Turn around time is about a month.

I had my XT1 serviced due to some issues on the dials and it took maybe a week for them to turn it around so that sucks if the times are that bad now. I sent the XT1 in in 2017. This winter I sent in my out of warranty Fuji flash when it stopped working and they just sent me back a brand new one no charge a day after receiving it.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Tempted to get the 16-80mm kit with the Xt4 since I was eyeing that lens anyways and saving a few hundred doing that would be nice.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'm hoping to have some opinions on XT3 v. XT4. I already have Fuji glass so I'm not looking to change systems and I'm currently on the XT2. I primarily take photos most of the time with video only rarely so the video feature advantages of the XT4 aren't really swaying me to it. Are the IBIS and longer battery worth the extra money in anyones personal experience with both cameras? The autofocus seems to also be better as well but I can't say I'm having issues with it currently on the XT2 as I'm not taking sports or action shots.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Vibe check on Fuji stuff (seems like its fine but never stop posting) I have a XT2 and a bunch of glass (100-400, several of the OG primes, kit zoom) and was wondering if there is any reason to not pick up a XT5 for a week long trip in a year or figure out switching to Nikon or something? Additionally, whats a decent pocket/small camera for when I don't want to haul around glass for example during a day on a bike. Sounds like the X100 series are hard to come by and I've been somewhat enamored with a GR3 but not sure what else there is for decent options. Maybe I should upgrade to GFX....

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Yeah when I looked at something like the XT4 a few years back it wasnt that compelling of an upgrade. XT5 definitely does and new body is a lot cheaper than switching to a full frame set up. Maybe do that and the 16-55mm lens for walk around for most of the time. Not much you cant grab with that lens without the super tele's

doomisland fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

New Ricoh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQk3yb83h8E