Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Not an ideal solution, but the (stupidly expensive) WCL attachment pulls the X100 family back to 28mm equivalent. I find the same limitations in what I shoot and honestly use the WCL a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I’ve learned that the Fuji app connects for me reliably, so long as I remember the *exact* sequence of clicking all the dumb buttons correctly. Which I remember roughly 10% of the time

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

For what it's worth, the X100V has both the wide-angle and telecoverter lenses. I have the wide one and it works reasonably well, though I'd see the appeal of having it be 50mm by default. Plus they're pretty expensive for what they are.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

If I can get away with upgrading for $3-400 after selling my X100V I think I’ll be happy. Not sure if I’ll be able to pull it off though.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Yeah being able to get down to 1/30 and/or lower the ISO to take photos of the babies indoors would be great. As it is I’m always operating at 3200/6400 and a wide aperture and I’d like some more flexibility

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

blue squares posted:

Seems like overkill for taking photos of a baby

It’s not, it’s flat out one of the best purchases I’ve ever made (bought it to take pictures of my kid)

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Brrrmph posted:

They’re only that age once. Absolutely make the most of it and capture moments. You’ll blink and they’re in kindergarten.

And that’s when you upgrade to an XT-5 with a super fast prime because you “need it” 🥴

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Waffled on it last night, preordered this morning. I wonder how many days/weeks and resale value on the X100V I cost myself by waiting.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Brrrmph posted:

I have my dad’s X100F that I should sell for him because it’s just taking up space. A month ago KEH said they would give me almost $1000 for it. Yesterday it was $750. Oops. Probably will sell it on my own now.

Yeah, it was $1300 for me a few weeks ago and $1050 last night. Which is fine, I’m getting use out of it in the meantime. I’m more wondering if it’ll drop further by the time I get it 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

You can already set any of the little wheels/dials (at least on the X100V) to scroll between film simulations.

The dial itself also only controls the base simulation used; it feels like it would be way more useful if it could be set to scroll between profiles.