Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
You've got to be kidding me. Something awful needs a loving mobile view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

drgnvale posted:

You've got to be kidding me. Something awful needs a loving mobile view.

Are you using the app or trying to read in a mobile browser? The pics I posted look fine on my PC and phone.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Sorry, it was a problem with clicking quote and not edit. I think it's the first time I've done that.

In Warhammer news, the Norsca DLC for Total Warhammer comes out this week. I'm excited to play it, because viking barbarian dudes with more unit choices and cool ice dragons who hunt monsters for quests is pretty loving awesome.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So that guy who was selling 4e black orcs is now selling durthu, queen of the woods, ellyrian reavers, mounted manred, and others for like $15 wash. I can't loving comprehend how.

Genuine. In Thailand.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Where as I can't comprehend why you haven't given us a link yet.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Baron Snow posted:

Where as I can't comprehend why you haven't given us a link yet.

Private buy, sell, trade group, plus shipping in Thailand only. I mean if one of those I mentioned above is a must have I guess we can discuss it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
~Memories~

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
cool kings of war army

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Moola posted:

cool kings of war army

I have 5e army books for both my elves and lizardmen but Kings of War is the only game people play now.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Age of Sigmar's third edition (which they do not call as such) erratas away all the lovely silly rules from the original release.

You know, it only took them two years to maybe consider not making GBS threads and pissing over their own product.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Looks like Age of Sigmar's third edition (which they do not call as such) erratas away all the lovely silly rules from the original release.

You know, it only took them two years to maybe consider not making GBS threads and pissing over their own product. continue to chip away at Kirby's legacy.
Fingers crossed that GHB 2018 introduces rank and flank on square bases.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm finally basing up and painting the rest of my 1990s daemon army, and I just can't bring myself to round base them.

Like, I thought I could. I really did. But it just feels so completely wrong.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have every one of those models ready to fight a moment's notice! :cool:

I haven't gotten a game in over a year though :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rulebook Heavily posted:

You know, it only took them two years to maybe consider not making GBS threads and pissing over their own product.

Though in exchange they removed all rules for all older characters. Even the ones that did not have silly rules. Like Vlad is way cooler then a generic vampire lord.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though in exchange they removed all rules for all older characters. Even the ones that did not have silly rules. Like Vlad is way cooler then a generic vampire lord.

In other words, a move that comes too late to please people burned by it which ALSO pisses off people who loved what is being removed. GW.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

up to a 3rd edition already?

what the gently caress

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's more like edition 1.6.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I think the idea is that it's not a new edition, it's an update on the existing framework. I kind of hope more companies go for that model. I'd love if Mantic did a reprint of Deadzone and Kings of War every year to a year and a half that updated points, added units, clarified rules, and incorporated FAQ/Errata. I don't mind rebuying a book if it means I have to carry around fewer items and loose sheets of paper.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

Really good deal if you're into the rpg or just Warhammer fluff. 

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I've never played Warhammer before, but was considering grabbing that bundle. Is there anything that you guys feel is "required" in the higher tiers, or can I get by with just the bottom tier?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The annoying thing is the 15$ bundle is the one with the best flavor book (Old World Bestiary). But the 8$ one gets you Knights of the Grail, which is the best Bretonnia book in any of the Hams stuff.

The 1$ bundle for just the corebook and some other stuff is still a great deal and the RPG runs fine with just the core book, just WHFRP2e has real good sourcebooks on the whole.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

PureRok posted:

I've never played Warhammer before, but was considering grabbing that bundle. Is there anything that you guys feel is "required" in the higher tiers, or can I get by with just the bottom tier?

Make sure you get the level that includes Realms of Magic and Tome of Corruption, those are two of the best books by fat.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Do any of those books deal with lizards and poo poo?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Do any of those books deal with lizards and poo poo?

Sadly, no. The line only lasted 3 years due to GW shutting down their RPG arm and so they never got to Lizards, Spaniards, Elves, or Dwarves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea really 20 bucks for literally everything they did is fantastic but it's also a sad reminder that despite the fact that you can make elves and dwarfs they never got around to making a proper book for them before getting canned.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Check out Liber Fanatica for some extra WFRP resources. http://www.liberfanatica.net/

Also I seem to remember a fan source book finally getting finished this year. Maybe Wood Elves or a Tilea book for 2e?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Here's my take: $20 is skipping out on McDonalds twice this week, or eating leftovers instead of ordering that pizza. You can shuffle your life around $20. Just pay the $20 and get it all.

It's a phenomenal deal - you won't get this many books for that price anywhere, including Kickstarter. Also, you can designate as much of your payment as you want to go to charity, so you can feel good about buying a bunch of nerd books. I donated to Best Friends Animal Society so they could save the puppies and kitties from Irma and Harvey.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Here's my take: $20 is skipping out on McDonalds twice this week, or eating leftovers instead of ordering that pizza. You can shuffle your life around $20. Just pay the $20 and get it all.

It's a phenomenal deal - you won't get this many books for that price anywhere, including Kickstarter. Also, you can designate as much of your payment as you want to go to charity, so you can feel good about buying a bunch of nerd books. I donated to Best Friends Animal Society so they could save the puppies and kitties from Irma and Harvey.

I dispute this :filez:

That said, you won't be supporting doggies and kitties by pirating.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

I dispute this :filez:

That said, you won't be supporting doggies and kitties by pirating.

Granted. I actually had :filez: of all of these and still bought the bundle because 1) better copy of 1st ed; and 2) this publisher offered these books at a very good deal, and I like to encourage this kind of behavior.

Odds are, I'll never play this game, however, I'm cool with giving money to companies that offer me a good deal, especially when they have no reason whatsoever to do so.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Granted. I actually had :filez: of all of these and still bought the bundle because 1) better copy of 1st ed; and 2) this publisher offered these books at a very good deal, and I like to encourage this kind of behavior.

Odds are, I'll never play this game, however, I'm cool with giving money to companies that offer me a good deal, especially when they have no reason whatsoever to do so.

Agreed. :)

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

berzerkmonkey posted:

I did the same thing with this bundle and the Horus Heresy book bundle a few months ago. Even if I never read them at least a kids charity gets some cash :)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

richyp posted:

I did the same thing with this bundle and the Horus Heresy book bundle a few months ago. Even if I never read them at least a kids charity gets some cash :)

Money you could have spent on warhams. Give GW money!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Are the PDFs in this bundle well made, like, they have hyperlinked TOCs, bookmarks, you can select and copy/paste text, that sort of stuff? one of the horrible things about the :files: versions of lots of these books is that they're just optical scans, which are just miserable to work with (not to mention make for giant files with terrible load times).

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Are the PDFs in this bundle well made, like, they have hyperlinked TOCs, bookmarks, you can select and copy/paste text, that sort of stuff? one of the horrible things about the :files: versions of lots of these books is that they're just optical scans, which are just miserable to work with (not to mention make for giant files with terrible load times).

Nope. They're good, selectable text PDFs with bookmarks. They do not have links from the TOC, but that's acceptable in my opinion. They are DRM free, so you could add them yourself if you were feeling adventurous.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

Nope. They're good, selectable text PDFs with bookmarks. They do not have links from the TOC, but that's acceptable in my opinion. They are DRM free, so you could add them yourself if you were feeling adventurous.

Cool, sounds like worth $20 even though I don't see myself playing WHF 2nd any time soon... or, ever, really. But I played 1st edition a bit back in the day, and at least one or two brief 2nd edition PbP games here, and so I have the nostalgia for it.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Hello dead game thread. I went drinking with ijyt and tterrible in London last April and was very graciously given a very cool old model. Combined with the cowering imperial troop from the old giant and I ended up with a square-based recreation of our night in Shoreditch.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Were you the dwarf, the imperial or the stool?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Iceclaw posted:

Were you the dwarf, the imperial or the stool?

Most probably the flagon.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Humble Bundle has Total War: Warhammer for $20 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Hey. So I wrote a short adventure for Warhammer Fantasy 2nd Ed. It's meant for a group of PCs in their first careers. It borrows heavily from the D&D adventure "The Burning Plague" by Miguel Duran, but rather than an orc shaman poisoning a mining town it's a renegade Clan Pestilens Plague Priest poisoning an Imperial mining town with Neiglish Rot. It's a pretty straightforward action-oriented dungeon-crawl with at least one opportunity for social skills. Feedback is welcome. (I've also cross-posted it on Reddit.)

Here is a PDF of the adventure: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbz7ct69pulieow/Rat%20Scratch%20Fever%20Adventure.pdf?dl=0

Here is the map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dius6o1iafu9w4/ratscratch%2881x32%29.png?dl=0

Here is a ZIP file containing both: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76m1t8sxle3ogru/Rat%20Scratch%20Fever.zip?dl=0

Panama Red fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 26, 2017

• Locked thread