Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

d3rt posted:

I am a fat neckbearded goon. Will the wearing of carpet from the computer chair in which I spend far too much time be considered reasonable wear and tear at the end of a 12 month lease? Or will most landlords want to replace the entire floor and take it from my deposit?

You needed one of those clear carpet protectors sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Excellent idea, thank you. If I want to avoid the damage caused by the spikes on the mat, would it be dumb to get a 'smooth' mat meant for hardwood floors and use on a low pile carpet?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

d3rt posted:

Excellent idea, thank you. If I want to avoid the damage caused by the spikes on the mat, would it be dumb to get a 'smooth' mat meant for hardwood floors and use on a low pile carpet?

The spikes don't damage, they just leave an imprint the same as furniture does.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

d3rt posted:

I am a fat neckbearded goon. Will the wearing of carpet from the computer chair in which I spend far too much time be considered reasonable wear and tear at the end of a 12 month lease? Or will most landlords want to replace the entire floor and take it from my deposit?

Surprisingly, even though a spot of my carpet was fuzzed up from my chair, I wasn't dinged on my deposit for it. Only thing they took out was my final water bill.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm at the end of my lease and if I renew for another 7 months they will raise my rent by $140, which seems pretty absurd. Is there any recourse or do I just have to bend over and take it? This is in California.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fletcher posted:

I'm at the end of my lease and if I renew for another 7 months they will raise my rent by $140, which seems pretty absurd. Is there any recourse or do I just have to bend over and take it? This is in California.

You can always move.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You can always move.

Thanks, I didn't think of that.

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva
Just wanted to post to say thanks to the OP and the posters in this thread.

My brother and I had to find an apartment on (extremely) short notice, and the OP and the first few pages of the thread proved invaluable in helping us find the right place & ask the right questions. Some of the really mundane things like square footage, utilities, and parking wouldn't even have been things I'd have thought to ask about, especially in the panicked state I was running for those few days.

Now that we're all set up, the apartment's great and the location's fantastic. Since we've been living together for quite awhile (with other housemate) it didn't take any time getting used to the new living situation, and we landed a reasonably large 2/2 (it's so nice having my own bathroom again) so there's plenty of space and privacy if desired. The biggest change is finally having a dishwasher again. I will never again willingly live in a place without a dishwasher if I can help it. A year without was quite enough. The new place is 5 minutes from my work & right down the street from my gym too, so I can't complain about the location. They supposedly have a small fitness center on-site here, but I've yet to find it (not really needed though as again the gym is just a couple blocks away).

My brother and I also have nearly opposite schedules, so for most of the week it's like we each have our own place. It's a pretty neat arrangement.
E: They only have Comcast here, so while I was looking at picking up Uverse like I had at my old place (name wasn't on the contract thankfully), I ended up getting a CC internet-only business account, with Netflix if we want to watch movies or whatever. Didn't seem worth paying for cable since we don't really watch much TV, although I've considered picking up a digital OTA receiver just in case we need TV for local news or whatever.

Thanks for the great OP and the thread in general. :glomp:

future ghost fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 30, 2011

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

fletcher posted:

Nope that's the way it goes. Sorry.

grumperfish posted:

Just wanted to post to say thanks to the OP and the posters in this thread.

My brother and I had to find an apartment on (extremely) short notice, and the OP and the first few pages of the thread proved invaluable in helping us find the right place & ask the right questions. Some of the really mundane things like square footage, utilities, and parking wouldn't even have been things I'd have thought to ask about, especially in the panicked state I was running for those few days.

Now that we're all set up, the apartment's great and the location's fantastic. Since we've been living together for quite awhile (with other housemate) it didn't take any time getting used to the new living situation, and we landed a reasonably large 2/2 (it's so nice having my own bathroom again) so there's plenty of space and privacy if desired. The biggest change is finally having a dishwasher again. I will never again willingly live in a place without a dishwasher if I can help it. A year without was quite enough. The new place is 5 minutes from my work & right down the street from my gym too, so I can't complain about the location. They supposedly have a small fitness center on-site here, but I've yet to find it (not really needed though as again the gym is just a couple blocks away).

My brother and I also have nearly opposite schedules, so for most of the week it's like we each have our own place. It's a pretty neat arrangement.
E: They only have Comcast here, so while I was looking at picking up Uverse like I had at my old place (name wasn't on the contract thankfully), I ended up getting a CC internet-only business account, with Netflix if we want to watch movies or whatever. Didn't seem worth paying for cable since we don't really watch much TV, although I've considered picking up a digital OTA receiver just in case we need TV for local news or whatever.

Glad it was helpful!

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

grumperfish posted:

Try plugging your TV directly into the wall outlet anyway, you might be able to still get local channels because laws prohibit cable companies from requiring a box to view local channels that you can get for free with an antenna.

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

Gun Saliva

Frinkahedron posted:

Try plugging your TV directly into the wall outlet anyway, you might be able to still get local channels because laws prohibit cable companies from requiring a box to view local channels that you can get for free with an antenna.
Planned on trying this out when I got home, but just realized I left the CATV splitters & cables at the old place. Going to hit up radioshack this weekend and try this out. Thanks for the tip.

Meeper
Jan 1, 2007

PotatoMasher posted:

If you are planning mini-storing any upolstered furniture look into buying some stretch film (like they use on pallets) to cover the fabric bits and keep them from getting soiled. You can get it at U-Haul too. Don't use it on leather though because leather sweats and will discolor.

This is good general advice, but if you live anywhere remotely humid, plastic around your mattress will cause mould just incredibly fast. We store mattresses wrapped in blankets; our mattress bags are for keeping off dust during the actual move.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Why the gently caress do people use real estate agencies to have the agency just put an ad on the internet? Any why do they suck so much?

I found a perfect place (5 minutes from work, huge for the money, no disgusting furniture) over this weekend, called them up on Monday morning, only to be told by the agency that they can't help me with anything and that I have to call a specific employee of theirs, who's not in the office. I call the guy and he hangs up on me, with an automatic SMS reply that he's currently busy with another customer and will call me back ASAP. This is 10 in the morning. By 16 I still haven't heard anything so I call him again. He acts like I didn't call him 6 hours earlier, but we agree that he'll arrange an inspection with the owner.

Well, there was nothing from him by the same time today so I call him, and he tells me that he has bad news for me - apparently the owner is supposed to sign the contract with someone tomorrow, but he'll let me know if it falls through. Thanks for letting me know, I guess? :confused:. Maybe it's just a lame sales tactic to increase the perceived demand, I'm pretty sure I had car salesmen pull this on me. Is such behavior really common? If I'm supposed to pay them 1 month's rent for the privilege of dealing with them, I'd expect them to pick me up the same day in a limo at least.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Rental agents are complete wastes of space, and I believe that they only exist to help owners avoid discrimination laws. They never provide any sort of useful service to renters, and 95% of the time you are basically paying them to get the gently caress out of the way and let you rent a place.

They were totally unheard of in Atlanta, but you basically can't rent in Boston (where I am now) without using one. I wish that there was a good way to report them to someone for all the skeezy poo poo they do.

Large Hardon Collider
Nov 28, 2005

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
The weirdest thing is when you see two ads on craigslist: one by the owner, and another by the agency. Also the fact that around Boston, there's at least half a dozen agencies going by different names that all operate under the same umbrella. It makes sense for somervillepads.com and arlingtonpads.com, but there's other naming conventions too.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003

Ashcans posted:

Rental agents are complete wastes of space, and I believe that they only exist to help owners avoid discrimination laws. They never provide any sort of useful service to renters, and 95% of the time you are basically paying them to get the gently caress out of the way and let you rent a place.

They were totally unheard of in Atlanta, but you basically can't rent in Boston (where I am now) without using one. I wish that there was a good way to report them to someone for all the skeezy poo poo they do.

I just rented a place in Boston through a rental agent. It had some good parts (they knew about a place not yet on the market but would be soon - and actually held it long enough for me to drive back up and look at it and decide if I wanted it before they would accept a deposit from others). But, it also had some bad parts.

I have a question for the thread. In my signed lease, there is a signed addendum page where it stated we will park in the garage. When I got there and talked to the maitenance guy (not the landlord), all of a sudden I am parking in the driveway. I don't quite get it. Since it is signed in the lease that I must park in the garage, can I bitch about it and park in there? We would prefer it so we don't have to shovel snow off the car.

Also, kudos for recommending Jamaica Plain moving thread. I really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood and checking out all the restaurants/shops etc.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Hawkeye posted:

I just rented a place in Boston through a rental agent. It had some good parts (they knew about a place not yet on the market but would be soon - and actually held it long enough for me to drive back up and look at it and decide if I wanted it before they would accept a deposit from others). But, it also had some bad parts.

Not all of them are total poo poo, but often you are effectively paying these people $1000+. For that sort of fee they should be doing a hell of a lot more than just posting stuff on craiglist and, at best, not being a bunch of cocks. I am sure some of them are good (none that I have worked with, sadly) but most of them are lazy, sloppy, and dishonest. This is doubly frustrating when I am paying half the fee or the full fee, because they are clearly working for the landlord at my expense.

quote:

I have a question for the thread. In my signed lease, there is a signed addendum page where it stated we will park in the garage. When I got there and talked to the maitenance guy (not the landlord), all of a sudden I am parking in the driveway. I don't quite get it. Since it is signed in the lease that I must park in the garage, can I bitch about it and park in there? We would prefer it so we don't have to shovel snow off the car.
If your lease says you are supposed to park in the garage, contact your landlord and let them know that it is not available (or whatever the maintenance dude said). No one should have any problems with you trying to comply with the lease obligations, and you can choose to be more forceful about it if you want. Its entirely possible the maintenance guy is just loving aroud without the landlord knowing - why did he say you should park in the driveway rather than the garage?

quote:

Also, kudos for recommending Jamaica Plain moving thread. I really enjoyed walking around the neighborhood and checking out all the restaurants/shops etc.
We would love to move back to JP (we're in Somerville now, which is ok but not the same). Seeing as you apparently had a decent agent, can I ask who you used to get the place?

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003

Ashcans posted:

why did he say you should park in the driveway rather than the garage?

We would love to move back to JP (we're in Somerville now, which is ok but not the same). Seeing as you apparently had a decent agent, can I ask who you used to get the place?

The maintenance guy told me to park in the driveway because the landlord decided to park some (spare?) cars of his in the garage. Not that it was unsafe or anything like that to park in. Once we get back into Boston I'll have to go talk with him some.

I ended up working with Joe from http://www.jprentals.com

Only First and Last month's rent due (no security deposit), and i had to pay only half-fee, which apparently they do for most of the landlords that they worked with. They claimed that most of JP is on a may lease schedule, so apparently in april/may they get tons of places listed and tons closing around then. It was rough finding a place in November/December with a Jan 1 move-in date.

As an aside, yes, the website is stuck in the 90's. The agent (there is really only 1, Joe, and the Boss Valerie) were nice to deal with, and responded to emails/texts quite fast.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
My question is along furnishing a place you live than moving out. Besides amazon, are there any places online to get fairly decent furniture (400-500$ for a slightly-bigger-than-loveseat sofa) who DOESNT absolutely price gouge on delivery? I dont know anyone who owns a truck and the nearest ikea is over an hours drive. I'm willing to suck up a delivery charge (or rent a truck, but gas+rental is about the same to drive the drive to ikea) if paying 100$+ to have something shipped to your house is the norm.

Otm Shank
Mar 5, 2005
Mir raucht den Kopf!!!
Depending on what "zone" you're in for your ikea, delivery is $59 for unlimited pieces of furniture. Most of the carless people I know just use public transit to get there and then have them deliver. I don't know if it's cheaper than gas + rental but it's definitely easier than hauling your own poo poo up three flights of stairs.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Otm Shank posted:

Depending on what "zone" you're in for your ikea, delivery is $59 for unlimited pieces of furniture. Most of the carless people I know just use public transit to get there and then have them deliver. I don't know if it's cheaper than gas + rental but it's definitely easier than hauling your own poo poo up three flights of stairs.
Where are you seeing this, because when I searched my local store (well, as local as it can get) it told me anything weighing more than 70lbs (and costing $250-800) will be a ~300$ to deliver..

edit: I think this is what you saw, which was mentioned to me as well by someone else

quote:

Get Same Day
Store to Door Delivery!
Get same day delivery on an unlimited number of pieces within 20 miles of our store when you purchase and arrange for your pick up by 2pm daily for only $59!

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 11, 2012

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
I'd try the truck rental if you're not incredibly far from the furniture store. Home depot rents trucks for $20 an hour. Throw in some money for gas and for beer or lunch for a friend or two and you'll be able to do it more cheaply than delivery.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

2508084 posted:

My question is along furnishing a place you live than moving out. Besides amazon, are there any places online to get fairly decent furniture (400-500$ for a slightly-bigger-than-loveseat sofa) who DOESNT absolutely price gouge on delivery? I dont know anyone who owns a truck and the nearest ikea is over an hours drive. I'm willing to suck up a delivery charge (or rent a truck, but gas+rental is about the same to drive the drive to ikea) if paying 100$+ to have something shipped to your house is the norm.

When I got my sofa (from American Signature furniture, pretty affordable and OK quality), I picked it up the same day I moved so I already had the Uhaul engaged (I think the Uhaul for 24 hours was $70ish total, not great but better). It was a lot cheaper than paying for delivery. As for places online, you might look at overstock.com. There are lots of online furniture places but I don't know how reputable they are... many of them have very lovely websites. I would at least want to go and look at the models of sofa/whatevs you're interested in in person in a real furniture store before buying it online. You want to make sure it's comfortable, and pictures can be very different from reality, especially in terms of fabrics.

edit: vvvvv this is a very good point and you should definitely do this if possible. I imagine you might even be able to haggle your way to free delivery in some cases.

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 11, 2012

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Have you actually checked out the local furniture stores? One of the places near us was a total poo poo-show. Everyone was pushy and rude and the stuff was all way overpriced. But a store one town over (we seriously live in the middle of nowhere) was actually very nice, reasonably priced, good quality, and provided free delivery with the purchase.

It can be well worth it to check out the local options fully before you switch to online.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

Ceridwen posted:

It can be well worth it to check out the local options fully before you switch to online.
You know, I haven't actually looked locally in over a year. I just got used to online shopping! Thanks :)

Flarecat
Mar 10, 2007

2508084 posted:

I bought my sofa from homereserve.com. They ship it to you in 2 boxes for $59 and you have to put it together yourself. But it's worked really well for me and doesn't look/feel cheap. Might be something to check out!

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.
Possibly some stupid questions but here goes..

How exactly does the process work for leasing through a MLS listing? I have rented only twice but it's always been through leasing offices (apartment buildings and such). I was looking to broaden my search and look beyond these through MLS.

Is it that you go through a realtor and they'll go through the process of leasing with you? How/when does the owner get involved?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dimeat posted:

Is it that you go through a realtor and they'll go through the process of leasing with you? How/when does the owner get involved?

Pretty much. You find an agent who does that sort of thing, they show you what's available, arrange tours, etc. If you end up leasing from someone, they get paid by the owner. There's a good chance you'll never meet the owner, as everything could be handled by his managing agent.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
For what its worth, overstock.com ships furniture for $2.95. Its a flat rate for all their stuff, but I didn't expect it to apply to furniture.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Seems like the best place to ask this for the time being.

So my girlfriend and I have decided on a new place. The building is pretty nice and the area is right where we'd want to be, however the one thing that kinda irks me is that we'd only be able to get Comcast for internet service. The apartment is in an actual apartment building with 200 other units and when I asked the leasing agent if they had plans for Fios anytime soon, he shrugged.

I don't :filez: and pretty much the only things I do with my connection is stream netflix/hulu/hbogo, browse the web and play games/steam. We both want to cut the cord with cable TV however I feel like this is going to be difficult to pull off with the bandwidth cap.

I really don't want to gently caress myself over with the 250 gb cap but I have no idea what my actual monthly bandwidth usage is. Does anyone have any experience with dealing with Comcast in the DC metro area? I don't see myself excessively going over the cap but I worry that because we basically stream all of our media, it's going to screw us over.

Better yet, does anyone know if I'd be able to get a business account with Comcast despite the fact my apartment would be in an apartment building?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Boondock Saint posted:

Better yet, does anyone know if I'd be able to get a business account with Comcast despite the fact my apartment would be in an apartment building?

Yes, but you'd pay out the rear end, thus nullifying any savings from skipping the cable package. Is the usage cap a thing just for major metropolitan areas? I have the Xfinity 26mb package and I've never hit any cap, even though I use netflix and hulu exclusively.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 18, 2012

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

psydude posted:

Yes, but you'd pay out the rear end, thus nullifying any savings from skipping the cable package.

Not really sure about that. AFAIK a business account just requires a contract, and depending on the # of years of contract your installation fee is different (I think it's maybe 200 with a 1y contract?). Yeah, still expensive, but an extra 150 for unlimited bandwidth isn't so bad. Think about how much you will be saving by not buying cable and such.

Comcast doesn't always complain about you using past your cap too. I'm currently testing where I just moved. Downloaded 250gb since Saturday and I'm going to keep going. If they complain I'll probably switch to business.

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

Gun Saliva
I picked up a business account when I moved to the apartment last month. Installation was relatively painless, although you do have to sign a contract.

Without TV, I ended up around $15 more than a residential connection would have cost after 6 months (paying for 12/2 and getting 15/5). If you're not using gobs of data though, they're unlikely to bother you if you go slightly above 250gb on a residential account if you're in a major metropolitan area. They're more likely to go after the people hitting 700gb+ than someone using 275gb. Then again, I'm not a comcast executive so I can't verify that.

future ghost fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 18, 2012

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I had read about the contract and that doesn't bother me so much. I think the only thing that worries me is that we are going to be going from using Fios so I have no clue what my actual bandwidth usage is. We do have a Roku box for streaming all of our content and I do play a lot of PC games so I'm paranoid it's going to affect us in a big way. For all I know though, we'll barely hit that cap with that usage since I don't torrent anymore.

I guess I could theoretically give it a month or so on a residential account and see how it pans out, but I still have another month or so before I need to worry about it so it's not a huge rush.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

EDIT: Comcast business called me back and the guy was pretty helpful. Although the guy did snicker when I said that I needed the business internet for work since I work at home once a week and I download a ton of hi-res PDF's as a result (I was being honest but I guess he thought I was just trying to be sly about :filez:).

grumperfish posted:

Without TV, I ended up around $15 more than a residential connection would have cost after 6 months (paying for 12/2 and getting 15/5).

Are you saying you're paying for the 12/2 service(I think he quoted me 59.99 a month) and getting 15/5 speeds or that you got bumped up a tier?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 18, 2012

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

Gun Saliva

Boondock Saint posted:

EDIT: Comcast business called me back and the guy was pretty helpful. Although the guy did snicker when I said that I needed the business internet for work since I work at home once a week and I download a ton of hi-res PDF's as a result (I was being honest but I guess he thought I was just trying to be sly about :filez:).

Are you saying you're paying for the 12/2 service(I think he quoted me 59.99 a month) and getting 15/5 speeds or that you got bumped up a tier?
I'm paying for 12/2 and getting 15/5 speeds. Not officially bumped up a tier. The next tier up is 22mb/5mb (@ $99/month), but it's nice to get the larger upload pipe at least.

The sales rep who setup my order didn't ask me any questions about why I required business class. When the tech was finished with the install he marked the line on the floor's connection box with a commercial tag, I assume to prevent it being accidentally disconnected if someone else on the floor was getting cable installed in the future.

future ghost fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 18, 2012

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I guess that's the point I was trying to make. I pay $40 a month for 26 down/6 up and have never hit the cap. 15/5 for $60 seems a bit unreasonable. Although you'll certainly get better customer support with that package, which given that it's comcast may actually make it worthwhile.

for sale
Nov 25, 2007
I AM A SHOPLIFTER
I'm going to start sharing a room for a relatively cheap price in less than ideal circumstances. My main sell is the location, which is very close to my job and school. I spoke with the landlord today and I'm welcome in, but I need approval from the other guy renting out the room, whom I haven't meant yet. It's month to month rent with the security deposit being first and last month's rent. When I asked if I'd need to sign a lease agreement, he said it was unnecessary. I understand an oral rental agreement is still legal in California, but the landlord won't be in tomorrow and he wants me to give the check with first and last month's rent to my roommate when I meet him tomorrow. How screwed can I possibly be if I go through with the deal and they turn out sketchy?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.
Even month-to-month, I wouldn't consider a lease agreement unnecessary and it would throw up major red flags if anyone did. How do you prove an 'oral agreement' if they screw you?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

California has very strict landlord/tenant laws that make it nearly impossible to evict someone. A lease is as much for the tenant's benefit as it is the landlord's, as it defines the responsibilities of each party during the leasing period. By not having you sign one, he could really screw you over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
Can anyone recommend tips for couch shopping in the US (small college town)? I bought a Ektorp with a pretty brown cover (Svanby I think) last June and my cats have absolutely shredded it. They've never done this to furniture before and it seems to be due to the raised threads on it. I figured this out when I bought an ottoman with similar fabric and they destroyed that too.

Are there any particularly good brands out there that I should be looking for? I've always just gotten hand-me-down sofas and bought everything else from Ikea, so I'm stuck. I'd go to Ikea, but it's a 3 hour drive and I'm not sure if they sell things with less cat-vulnerable fabric short of leather.

I want to get one made of microsuede I think, since so far a cheap microsuede ottoman has gone unmolested by the cats. I have $500 to spend. BigLots looks like it might have some nice options made by Simmons, but I don't want to waste my money on a sofa that will have poor construction and I'm not sure if BigLots if trustworthy.

dopaMEAN fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 22, 2012