Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Finding an apartment that will accept 3 pets in Seattle is a bitch. Found a place in Magnolia (Overlook) that will take them, but no others, and we want to keep our options open, as we're moving mid/end of August. Most places only take cats and/or two pets max.
I've been scouring property management and rental sites to little avail. Have a call pending at the Tempo apartments (usual is 2, but our pets are a cat and 2 dogs under 25lbs) atm.
Our preference is a place around Magnolia/Ballard/Fremont (she works in Lake Forest Park, I take the Bainbridge ferry) with rent maxing at $1,400. W/S/G isn't essential, and it'd be nice to have a W/D in the unit, but that'd just be a plus.
Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Stupid question, but have you tried craigslist? Also, and I'm not saying you should do this, but you could possibly get away with saying you only have two pets and assuming no one will ever notice the extra cat or dog or w/e. If they're all dogs it could be a problem.

Yeah, it's usually the same apartments/property managers spamming their ads over and over.
Every now and then I'll find a pretty good listing. But with our schedules, by the time we can get in a showing, it's usually rented.

My girlfriend did that at her current place, but, somewhat, unintentionally; she had two pets when she moved in and ended up with her dad's dog when he ran into a bunch of medical problems. They know she has two dogs now but don't seem to care. She said she doesn't want to try it with our next place.

Diseased Dick Guy posted:

If you do this, make sure you declare the dogs but not the cat. If you have small dogs, and someone sees the cat in the window or something, they might just think it's the dog. On the other hand, I think it would be impossible to get away with only declaring one of two dogs since they need to be taken out and such.

Are all of these apartments you're looking at in managed communities/buildings, or are any just a one building, one landlord deal? You might be able to work something out with the landlord in a smaller place. This is pretty common where I live. You'll be hard pressed finding a community/building to work with you because then they'd have to bend the rules for everyone.

If we did do it, we'd definitely declare the dogs. The cat is a recluse that likes to chill in cold, dark places. She only comes out when someone's home and on the couch/bed/a location to give her attention.

Most of the places are managed. In the several months I've been looking, only a very small number of listings are by individuals. On that front, the best we can do is drive around and look for signs around town.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 3, 2011