Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are y’all’s hot recommendations for design inspiration resources?

I’m enjoying the YouTube “never too small” but sometimes the places they show get a little far up their own butt with designing in small spaces.

YouTube channels, social media, websites are preferred but I’ll take whatever resources y’all got!

this was a while ago but i really like the instagram accounts Bi-Rite Studio out of nyc (totally changed the game) and The Future Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Who here has had their former landlord stiff them out of the accrued interest on their security deposit, and then successfully pried it out of them?

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

In Maryland it’s the greater of 1.5% or the US Treasury yield curve rate yearly. There’s a calculator on the Maryland dept of housing website.

https://www.doit.state.md.us/landlordCalculator

After ~4yrs with ~$1000 deposit I’m entitled to a whole $70, which would be nice because it would pay for the supplies we used to patch this place up before turning it over.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

Is there a duvet cover that will let me have a different duvet in each side, for one person who likes to sleep warm and another who sleeps cool?

I haven’t tried any myself but these are sold as dual temperature duvets

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

How often are you all having your sofas professionally cleaned? The cleaning/furniture making industry recommends once a year or for those having pets or kids, once every six months.

Out of the very small sample I have polled thus far, the only answer given was “never”.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I am moving into an apartment that is merely partially furnished, for the first time in years. Since 2020, I've lived in a succession of fully furnished units. One reason is I just don't want the trouble of furnishing a home. There's too many options and I have a bad sense of interior design.

So now I have to pick out a bed and it's overwhelming. It's crazy how many kinds of mattresses there are now. I have to get a frame for it too. Box springs seem to be used less now. Are they needed, or were they ever? Any ideas on how to simplify these purchases.

I went to ikea and while looking at the options decided how much my wallet could handle, tested then out for a while, and walked away with a full sized memory foam mattress and metal bed frame with wooden slats. I think I spent around $700 for everything.

A box spring is not totally necessary. But in its place this system of wooden slats provides enough spring that a box spring would. Some people prefer traditional box springs because they prefer an elevated mattress or live in a drafty castle or something, but they are pretty out of style these days, and they are a pain in the rear end to move versus a foam mattress that can fit in the trunk of a car. The frame can fit in a car with it. As far as simplicity, this is the most hassle free option besides just putting a mattress on a piece of plywood.

If you are curious, the mattress is called “MYRBACKA” but it’s actually fine on my back even after 7 ish years of owning it. They don’t sell my bed frame anymore but the slats are called “LURÖY” and there are several frames that are compatible with it. The only thing I wouldn’t recommend is a wooden ikea bed frame because they can take on some damage while moving/reassembling them and become disposable.

As a final piece of advice, I would recommend getting a mattress cover for apartment living because of the chance of bedbugs. I got a SureGuard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

You could try uShip. But that’s definitely a buyer beware service.