Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Ularg posted:

I'm moving in 4 days! I'd love to give a report on how it went and what I should of done. For now I need packing materials, like peanuts or something to make sure my electronics don't get thrashed around on the ride there. Do you guys know places to get them? I got plenty of boxes, and I'm going to use towels on some of the stuff.

PacMail, the UPS Store, and other related places should have packing peanuts.

That said, why pay for something you can get for free. Ie: use newspaper or snag a bunch of plastic bags from a recycling bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
You can buy little ant bait things that look about half the thickness of a can of chewing tobacco, I personally would recommend those.

What kind of ants are they? Fire, carpenter, black? Depending on the type of ant, I think other baits might be an option.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
I'm gonna recommend you at least see what your local Big Lots has. Sometimes you can find awesome stuff there.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Or try shunting off the coldest room or any unoccupied rooms in the house to (hopefully) increase flow to your end.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
I have the same Hoover as posted above. It does a fine job and should be just fine for your needs, unless you are attached to spending more money on a vacuum.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
So I have a question.

Apparently the tenant below my roommate and I has been calling the police and filing noise complaints. I found out today because the cops paid me a visit around 4:30pm and told me that there were several complaints filed already and to try to keep it down because the guy was going to file a complaint with management if it continues to happen. I asked the cop what the sound was that the tenants below were complaining about; he said it was "a pattering noise" or faint tapping, and asked if I was running around in the apartment. I have never met or seen the person who lives downstairs.

The thing is that the cop showed up when I was home alone, studying in silence, at 4:30pm in the afternoon. I spent most of the day out and didn't come back to the apartment until ~3:30, only loading the dishwasher and packing some things up to drive to an appointment tomorrow before studying.

My question is, how should I go about resolving this situation? I'm worried that this guy is racking up paperwork that could result in me getting evicted for something that I'm positive my roommate and I are not responsible for. I'm considering going to management tomorrow and making them cognizant of the situation so that they can investigate the noise. Does that sound like a reasonable course of action? Should I do anything more or different?

Wickerman fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 7, 2015

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
I spoke with an assistant to management today, the assistant wasn't familiar with any noise complaints and found the nature of the noise and repeated calls to the cops to be pretty bizzare.

She said she would discuss it further with management and let me know what's going on.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Do you have a hygrometer to see what the humidity indoors is?

High humidity indoors + poor circulation = stank.

A cheap (but decent) hygrometer can be bought here: http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00613A1-Indoor-Humidity-Monitor/dp/B0013BKDO8

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Anne Whateley posted:

Set them up the way they tell you to, perpendicular to the wall with the bait facing it. Are you using actual chunks of cheese for bait? Try peanut butter.

One peanut covered in peanut butter jammed into the trigger. Caught 2 pretty quickly that way, one nut was found on the floor ~1 foot away, the other was still in the trap after trapping them.

Best method imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Your profile says Denmark... they have Nutella there right?

Use that and some kind of dried fruit.