Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
If you're renting a trailer or truck for moving long distance, more than across town, pay the extra $25 for the accident insurance. I rolled my truck and U-Haul trailer on day two of a 1000 mile move. That $25 saved me the cost of several thousand dollars for what was left of their trailer.

For cleaning, and this tip is more important than the insurance I just mentioned, get some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleaning pads. Seriously, buy a few boxes, now. They are a goddamn miracle of modern cleaning technology. With just water, you can remove years of soap scum off the surface of the shower/bath in minutes. They are designed to break-up and disintegrate as you use them, so buy a few. I've cleaned showers, sinks, walls, doors, light-switch plates, BOATS, etc. with these things in a tenth of the time it would take with your best spray bottle of cleaner and a rag or sponge. Seriously, do yourself a favor.

Also, on the walk through with the manager; test every single appliance and light switch. Each burner on the stove, the oven, the heat and/or AC, flush the toilets, turn on all the hot and cold faucets, check the frige/freezer for temp(or at least plug it in and listen for the compressor to come on), check the outlets, or at least the main ones in the bathroom, kitchen, and of course whereever your computer will be plugged in. You can carry a small nightlight plug-in with you to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU