Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet

Pope Mobile posted:

Finding an apartment that will accept 3 pets in Seattle is a bitch.

For how many people in this city have dogs, you would think there would be more pet-friendly apartment buildings. It's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet

Diseased Dick Guy posted:

It seems to be the tendency of any city with mostly managed communities and buildings. Probably because a few tenants will complain that they don't like dogs or too much barking, etc. It's really hard to get an entire building full of people to agree to a high volume of disruptive animals.

That's a good point.

Pope Mobile posted:

Our preference is a place around Magnolia/Ballard/Fremont (she works in Lake Forest Park, I take the Bainbridge ferry) with rent maxing at $1,400. W/S/G isn't essential, and it'd be nice to have a W/D in the unit, but that'd just be a plus.
Any suggestions?

Pope Mobile, I don't gently caress with Magnolia, but Frelard is lousy with houses. Recent new development has been more focused on housing density, but there are still a shitload of single-family dwellings and duplexes. You should be able to find something at roughly your target price.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet

z16bitsega posted:

... we had to back out on getting the apartment. Is it legal for the complex to keep my security deposit?

That's what it's for.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet

Sperg Victorious posted:

No one pays several hundred dollars just to get on a waiting list and expect it to be nonrefundable. Plus, the security deposit is for any damage/cleaning they have to do when you move out. Not just for the wait list.

A damage deposit and a security deposit are not the same thing. I've never heard of a wait list for an apartment. I would look at whatever you signed when you gave them the money. If you didn't sign anything or have a specific agreement on what would happen if you backed out, then yeah, you're pretty much hosed.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
Ceridwen's admonishment against the purchase of moving boxes was wise. I didn't really see him outline any alternatives, though. I usually get boxes from grocery stores and whatnot. Apple boxes are the best. Banana boxes are the worst. If it's right around the turn of the month, you're not going to get poo poo because that's "moving time" and somebody else will probably have beaten you to it.

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
The only thing anyone ever suggests in threads like that is rasterbating images, Amethystbliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyeball
Jun 4, 2008

by angerbeet
Liquor stores are usually worth picking up a few boxes from. Of course, where I am, liquor stores only sell liquor. They're totally different from convenience stores. Liquor boxes are pretty small, so you don't really want to use them for the bulk of your packing, but they're good for small things.