Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
So I think I'm just being paranoid, but me and my girlfriend found a 1 bedroom split house (a duplex?) for 700$, and the guy is really cool and stuff but the second time I met him he brought up paying the security deposit right then and there without us even discussing it at all prior. So now I'm freaking out thinking I'm gonna lose 1400$ and have nowhere to move at the end of the month. Am I crazy or was it just a misunderstanding?

Also, the HotPad link in the OP goes to hotpad, but that redirects to a cat selling site :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
So I just broke up and can't afford the place we had lined up by myself and therefore have 8 days to find like a bedroom in someone's house or something. I've been looking on craigslist (north of Chicago) but I haven't had much luck. Any ideas?

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

Eggplant Wizard posted:

There are several colleges/universities in Chicago, yes? See if you can find websites catering to them specifically. You could also try padmapper & hotpads and see if anything comes up. Have you posted your own craigslist ad, too?

In Chicago, I'm north of it by 45 minutes. I was recently told of something called university housing, which is a bunch of people renting out a place with separate leases, but I can't find anything like that within 20 miles of where I am.

Thanks for the tip on posting an ad.