Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

How seriously should I take these apartment reviews online? Obviously the people with complaints are more likely to post about them, but it seems that every single apartment complex within a 20 mile radius of where I want to live is an absolute shithole.

This is my first time apartment hunting and it's been a headache, I just want to find a place and get it over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Eggplant Wizard posted:

You really have to go and look at apartments in person. Few people who like their apartments go and post about it online, especially if it's just okay and not THE BEST APARTMENT EVER FREE COOKIES EVERY DAY or something. Use the web for price & amenity comparison; use your eyes and word of mouth for actual evaluation. If you're not shy, it can be a good idea to ask current tenants how they feel about the place when you go and visit it. This is awkward if the landlord is with you though. Oh, and bear in mind that the online reviews may be a couple of years old and reflect different management situations.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

We checked out the apartment Friday and everything looks nice, but maybe I'll go back and try to talk to a few current tenants.

The apartment we will be moving in to is not going to be vacated until December 6th. I assume it's standard to request to look at the actual unit we will be living in before signing the lease?

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

What is "soundtrack replacement" on my move out bill?

Im being charged $2100 for replacement of carpet, subfloors and soundtrack. My sick cat pissed everywhere so I expected the carpets but gently caress.