Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BigHead posted:

You can also buy large book shelves. Ikea has some huge square ones with lots of little cubbyholes without a back. Fill in those little cubbyholes with books and decorative doodads to your heart's content.

I have this bookshelf with the desk attachment and I can vouch that it is an amazingly versatile piece of furniture. If you don't want to put the shelf against a wall, you can actually use it as a psuedo divider. I had my desk on one side and the bed on another. It doubled as a cup/remote/glasses/phone charger holder for when I'm in bed and just a regular book shelf otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

fineX posted:

I'm going to be moving into a dorm in the fall. Is there anything that people often overlook, or some good general tips that they don't tell you (besides leave your door open hurrr)?

Bed risers can go a long way in giving you some extra storage space. Couple that with some low plastic storage chests (you can get some pretty durable ones for a fairly cheap price at walmart, something akin to this but cheaper). These also work good as makeshift seats if you have more company than chairs.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Just from a security point of view, I would shy away from stealing people's "free" unsecured wireless. Morality issue aside, it simply isn't safe to be doing anything on it that you don't want to risk having hijacked.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Ularg posted:

It's basically because of Full Sail University and College of Central Florida that makes demand high and prices reasonable.

Also: Unlimited. Free. loving. Coffee... in the lounge area, but still!

edit: I do have a question now. Since I'm moving, I'm getting rid of a ton of stuff I owned as a kid, and up to now, has been in boxes hidden under my bed or in my closet or such. I'm wondering if anyone has tips on getting rid of their junk. This for me includes trading cards, old toys, video games, comics, magazines, and a metric ton of LEGOs.

Craigslist is great for this. If you get to the point where you just can't make money off of it, throw it in the free section. People will flock.