Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Diseased Dick Guy posted:

(I know everyone is probably using that guy's network, but let me have my moment!)

This is another good point. Figure out if you *really* need cable and internet, or if you can get by with just internet. (most things are available to watch online these days) Figure out if you can steal internet, or if you live nearby friends, split the internet bill and get a powerful router. (I used to do this with the neighbors. They gave me $30/month for the cable bill, I gave them the password to the router).

Seriously, just internet is like $30/month, vs $100+ for cable+internet.

And I have a place to stay temporarily, but I'm moving back to NJ (trenton area) anyone know where to go to find cheap places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Fast food places are also really great.

My moving boxes? Furnished entirely by my old job. Pretty much all of my coworkers who moved used the same plan.

Also, gently caress flooding, as now I've got to go a different way than the one I know because 29 is all flooded out through IA. You never realize just how much poo poo needs to get done before you move. I'm just really lucky that mom's staying behind for another 3-4 months to get rid of the furniture and stuff so if I forget anything she can pack it when she comes out.

Now I get to look for a place for me, and a retirement community for her. Fun times.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 27, 2011