Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress do people use real estate agencies to have the agency just put an ad on the internet? Any why do they suck so much?

I found a perfect place (5 minutes from work, huge for the money, no disgusting furniture) over this weekend, called them up on Monday morning, only to be told by the agency that they can't help me with anything and that I have to call a specific employee of theirs, who's not in the office. I call the guy and he hangs up on me, with an automatic SMS reply that he's currently busy with another customer and will call me back ASAP. This is 10 in the morning. By 16 I still haven't heard anything so I call him again. He acts like I didn't call him 6 hours earlier, but we agree that he'll arrange an inspection with the owner.

Well, there was nothing from him by the same time today so I call him, and he tells me that he has bad news for me - apparently the owner is supposed to sign the contract with someone tomorrow, but he'll let me know if it falls through. Thanks for letting me know, I guess? :confused:. Maybe it's just a lame sales tactic to increase the perceived demand, I'm pretty sure I had car salesmen pull this on me. Is such behavior really common? If I'm supposed to pay them 1 month's rent for the privilege of dealing with them, I'd expect them to pick me up the same day in a limo at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Posted about this in another thread already, but this might be more relevant here. I moved into a new apartment and after maybe two weeks noticed that the floors were hosed up in a few places:

It took a while because the floors were covered with some plastic, and the damage is not very apparent from normal standing heights and lighting conditions. I thought I'd get hosed over by this, but actually contacting the landlady and the agency guy got me a written confirmation that the damage was there initially and both were very reasonable during the whole process. The just confirms the need to carefully examine everything before signing and contacting the landperson immediately if something's not right, things don't have to turn ugly.