Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Are these actual rooms for rent in NYC? Is this how people live in the Big Apple?

http://www.worstroom.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The hood fan for my stove is not powerful enough and the steam is likely going to ruin my cupboards. Are there any temporary measures I could take (duct tape is an option I have considered) before I replace the unit (viva IKEA)?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

Find some not-particularly-sensitive device that gives an easily-detected indication that it's getting power (I used my Black & Decker battery charger, you probably shouldn't use your cell phone) and go from plug to plug. It's easiest if you have two people, one to flip switches, the other to check plugs, lights, appliances, etc.

(and then label them so you don't have to do it ever again)

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Maybe he meant taking away the fridge / stove? Those things are often standalone in Europe.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

Edit: It's also occurred to me that the occasional roach sighting may just be a fact of life in large, densely populated buildings in an urban centre, in which case how many roaches is it "normal" to see in a northern climate during the summer?

I've only seen a cockroach once in my life and that was in China, so no, it definitely shouldn't be a fact of life.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not sure whether this belongs here or the legal questions thread. Is it possible for a lease to supercede state laws? The property management company at my old place is saying that some property that I told the maintenance guy I was coming back for was assumed to be abandoned and probably disposed of. The thing is that Colorado law says that before disposing of abandoned property, you have to give 15 days notice. I don't have a copy of the lease with me, so I'm not sure if there is something in there that says they can get rid of it immediately. If there is, is that valid?

Contact a lawyer, not a bunch of goons

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Duralex is loving unbreakable and you can put that poo poo in the oven as well. I love it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

just take an umbrella to the toilet, what's the big deal

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

This has to be in Belgium, right?

edit: Of course it is: Oostende

vanity slug fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010