Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have never looked for sheets before in my life. What's the general thread count that won't break the bank but feels pretty awesome? What kind of material? I sleep hot so I imagine something that won't burn me up would be ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What are some quality couch companies that will last more than 2 years that cost under $1000?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Amazon has a chat pack that has fun questions. Perfect for a road trip

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Don't forget its sister site the wirecutter

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Melamine foam. Go with cheapest on amazon for mass quanities or actually pay for a name brand or off brand like Home Depot or something?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'd demand some compensation of some sort because that's some poo poo

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Came home today to find our patio furniture slightly rearranged in a way that we can't just blame the wind for.

Ordering cameras and a padlock for our fence ASAP.

RIP

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My IKEA latex mattress is awesome. Bit softer than memory foam but pretty similar otherwise

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thought I had found the perfect cheap curtain at IKEA for $20/pair and lo and behold they are at their shortest 98". Any ideas for a more standard 84" curtain that's cheap?

The goal is to use it to span across a massive glass sliding door that is the wall/front door of the condo I'm at so a thicker privacy curtain is needed. Right now there are these plastic hanging blinds that sway and make noise, fall off, and just in general look ugly.

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 7, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

You should always have a copy of your lease so I don't see anything wrong with it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

JaneError posted:

Will hopefully be signing a lease on a new apartment in the next several days. Due to a quirk of the renovated building, the unit enters into a long hall. I don't have exact measurements at the moment, but I'd estimate it to be about 5 feet wide by 25 feet long. It's very dramatic and fun, but it's also sort of a dead space. The unit doesn't have much in the way of additional storage (each of the two bedrooms has a decently-sized closet, but there isn't a storage or even a hall/coat closet), so there's definitely a feeling that there's wasted potential here. Unfortunately, while the space is wide compared to a "typical" hallway, it's not SO wide that we could fit anything terribly large/deep without forcing people to squeeze by it when they come in.

There's a possibility that there is a storage unit available in the basement of the building, but if that doesn't pan out, any suggestions on how to salvage some storage space in this massive entryway? I've poked around IKEA and a couple other places, and there are some benches and units that would probably work, but I wanted to see if anyone had any firsthand experience or advice and/or recommendations for dealing with a similar space.

This isn't in houston by chance is it? I saw something exactly like this in a renovated hotel building turned apartments

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cashback owns a lot and is funding my camping gear purchases.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My guess is meat blood drippings from a discarded package. Especially since you said you had been grilling

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Turkey Farts posted:

My apartment smells. I moved in a couple months ago and the previous tenants were definitely smokers/dirty people. The walls were painted just before I moved in and it's all hardwood. There's nothing to hit with the Febreeze. What would you all recommend I use to freshen this bitch up? I tried plug-in scents, but they didn't do much.

Go to a petsmart and get a big jug of natures miracle. Spray the entire place twice with a healthy soak. That will do the trick for animals/smoke/dirty smells guaranteed.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

When I first went to see our new place, it smelled like cat pee. I figured there was a cat and its litter box didn't get changed enough. Now that it's time for move in, the smell is still there. There's stains on the carpet despite alleged steam cleaning. I'm in Colorado, and bad smells aren't covered in any state statutes I can find. Am I basically SOL if the landlord refuses to do anything about it?

Since the answer is probably yes, is there any way to get cat piss smell out of a carpet short of tearing it up and putting new carpet down? I'm really hoping she makes it right, or that it's something else. I don't think it smelled as strong the first time, which is weird.

Nature's Miracle and a lot of it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/german.htm

P much it's the gel bait mixed with an IGR and roach problem be gone. German roaches are the loving worst

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like whatever the amazon top rated for tencel is. Feels cool all the time which is great if you sleep hot like me.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

One of the big benefits of renting is you don't have to perform repairs. Lol to that

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think the key to surviving sleeping hot and a latex or memory foam mattress is to have some cool sheets like tencel or something. I sleep pretty hot but sleeping sheetless or lightly covered keeps my body temperature regulated enough.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

2017 starting off great with my upstairs neighbors pipes getting backed up and having it all come leaking into my place. 2nd time this has happened.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Haven’t tried them yet but saw it in the product recommendation thread with high praise.

https://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Original-Strength-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSJNCW

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://law.justia.com/codes/colorado/2016/title-42/regulation-of-vehicles-and-traffic/article-4/part-5/section-42-4-506/

I think your state it’s okay to tow with a rope as long as you have the white marker

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kill your landlord

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Take the leaky water and put it in a super soaker. Spray the ceiling until it crumbles. Force the landlord to fix his messed up ceiling. Walla!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would get quotes for a full moving service and try and go with them. Moving your own poo poo when you don’t have a friend group to buy off with beer and pizza sucks rear end. Let someone else do it. The convenience and peace of mind is worth a lot to me now.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Post on craigslist/Facebook about free poo poo just need to pickup

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Depends on the ants. Could be raspberry ants that just kinda migrate places and there isn’t a whole lot you can do

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My place has vinyl or laminate hardwood floors. I have an office chair on a mat right now to protect it but I don't like it. Would it be better to get a rug to cover the space or just get some rubber casters for the chair? I'm thinking the rubber would be much gentler on the flooring than the standard plastic ones it has right now but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I swear it was this thread but can’t find it anymore. What was the site that allows you to do floor layouts and furniture placement to scale?