Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Never underestimate the value of a spare cheap tiny kettle. Even if you don't do tea or coffee. They just heat water up faster then if you heat it on the stove, they can make hot drinks whe your mom shows up, to impress her and show her how grown up you are. And in a pinch they can be an absolute lifesaver if say your water heater dies (our old place for a week), or your power shower shorts out (our
old place for two weeks, I found it annoying but my husband is 6'5", he just doesn't fit in normal people tubs!), or if your pipes freeze (happened to us at our new place for no less then a month this winter, first four days, then like a week, and then like two and a half weeks respectively, oh yeah I loving oved this winter).
Also seconding the toilet paper. You can NEVER have enough toilet paper, EVER. I have heard stories from family friends of being in a tight pinch and using newspaper, ripped up toilet rolls, or even nabbing loads from work and smuggling it out before you go home because it's the end of the month and you're out and not getting paid for a few days still bleh! Basically making GBS threads and bathing aren't optional. Don't be the smelly constipated guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU