Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxidation
May 22, 2011
This may be a stupid question, but I'm kind of in a bad spot at the moment: As long as a lease has not been signed, are you allowed to back out of an apartment?

Backstory: Myself and 2 friends were looking to get an apartment, and we found a nice 3 BR apartment, unfurnished, which hasn't been occupied for a few years (landlord used to live there, just recently decided to rent out). We filled out paperwork for Weichert Realtors, got our credit checks, everything came back fine, etc. At this point we were waiting on inspection. However, at this point my one friend decided to drop out, leaving us two alone for this 3-person apartment. No biggie, we found some random third guy, and the apartment passed inspection.

I just got a call now and my OTHER friend is dropping out too; literally 2 days before we were supposed to go and sign the lease, leaving me alone with a random guy and the fact I need to find a third person. I haven't contacted the realtor/landlord yet as to what I'm doing.

Basically I just want to get 1 small room in a prefurnished apartment at this point. I'm goddamn retarded and don't remember what the Weichert Realtor paperwork says, but it was stuff concerning my income, money, personal info, etc. I didn't have to pay for it.

Can I still back out of this? Will I have to 'back-pay' for the paperwork that went to waste?

I'm a dumb 20 year old who doesn't know what to do and is very stressed at this point so any help would be appreciated :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU