Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KIEFGIVER
Jun 16, 2023

by vyelkin
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, I'll delete if its not.

I'm a 34 year goony gently caress who's been living at home my whole life. I had a lovely job for a long time but was unemployed for a few years due to COVID. My mental health was destroyed for a while, but now I have job now and am moving out for the first time. I do know how to cook and am able to use some tools. I'd appreciate some tips and things you wish you knew your first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIEFGIVER
Jun 16, 2023

by vyelkin
My bad I should've left more info. Fortunately, I have a dear family member who will gifting me by paying the deposit. I make $2600/month (after taxes) and my rent will be $1000 and probably $200-ish for bills (extremely high estimation) for a studio apartment. I work from home and I own an ebike. There's also groceries stores nearby. I realize I am in a way better position than most people, its just that I'm starting to freakout while I realize I need to call and connect utilities.

KIEFGIVER
Jun 16, 2023

by vyelkin
Very excited to try meal-prepping. Sorry to e/n this place up, but I'm finally getting away from a lovely home and unstable family. I already dropped off the first two boxes and don't have too much more to pack. I threw out 20+ years of crap and it felt so good. Finally able to have a savings account, 401k, invest, etc. Good luck to everyone out there, its very exciting times.

KIEFGIVER
Jun 16, 2023

by vyelkin
Yeah lol, I jumped the gun at $200. I actually signed up for all the utilities a couple days after that post.

Electricity - will know after first bill but probably $150+
Internet - $75 (cell phone included)
Gas - will know after first bill, but in the home I'm leaving its usually $30. I live in a hot climate so don't need to use heater.
Water - free
Hulu/Disney+ - $20

Still doable and fine for me