Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
There was a really nice post about local movers on the first page, but I still have a few questions.

I'm about to move from one apartment to another, and I've realized how woefully unprepared I am.

First, I don't even know where to get boxes. I tried getting them at a nearby Publix and two liquor stores -- they had nothing to give me. I need to pack up a kitchen and bedroom, with the bulkiest thing that needs to be boxed being a stupidly large collection of DVDs and books. Where should I go to get a few large boxes, some bubble wrap, and packing tape? Or would it be cheaper to have them pack up my poo poo for me? I imagine it'd take me thrice as long as it'd take two professional movers...

Also, I need to hire some help to move my bed, chest of drawers, desk, etc. Does anyone have experience hiring a company for this off of Craigslist? I've had nightmares of loading up a truck and having all of my worldly possessions hauled off, never to be seen again. If Craigslist is a terrible idea, what'd be the best way to find a reputable moving company that doesn't want over $100 an hour?

Edit: You guys actually got boxes at hospitals? gently caress, maybe I'll check tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

Aggro fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU