Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
How weird would an applicant putting in for an apartment with no credit history, no proof of income/employment, no rent history, but several months worth of rent in hand look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Bit of a specific request, but I'm moving soon and need to pack up my PC for car transport. Finding boxes shouldn't be too terribly hard, but where can I get some styrofoam blocks large enough I can cut to shape for padding?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Cassius Belli posted:

I've got some premade foam corner blocks that are perfect for that sort of thing if you want 'em. Either cut a box to fit or use bubble wrap to fill in the extra space in the box from there?

fake edit: Basically these things.

Oh these look perfect, thanks :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah I knew to yank the GPU, glad I kept the box for that. The CPU cooler is a big one too, but apparently that's more of an issue for the factory coolers that have really flimsy attachment points?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Moving along with stuff, gonna be pulling the heatsink and fan. What should I do about some old platter drives I've got? Anti static bag and some bubble wrap?