Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fagalicious
Jan 15, 2004

WHAT FAG

amethystbliss posted:

Do we have any kind of home decor thread? I'm moving into my first non-student place next month and am looking for cheap decorating ideas, ways of fixing up old furniture, etc. I'd appreciate links to any blogs or sites that are helpful for this kind of thing. I've already started looking at Martha Stewart's website, Better Homes and Gardens, and HGTV.

For decor, try thrift stores like salavation army. I got most of my pictures there. Christmas tree shops is also good for cheap decor.

Aggro posted:

First, I don't even know where to get boxes. I tried getting them at a nearby Publix and two liquor stores -- they had nothing to give me. I need to pack up a kitchen and bedroom, with the bulkiest thing that needs to be boxed being a stupidly large collection of DVDs and books. Where should I go to get a few large boxes, some bubble wrap, and packing tape? Or would it be cheaper to have them pack up my poo poo for me? I imagine it'd take me thrice as long as it'd take two professional movers...
Is there a walmart around you? If so and its a 24 hour one, they start stocking around 9-10pm usually, and they will definitely give you boxes they have. Also check craigslist, someone who recently moved might have a ton to get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU