Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
My apartment windows let in way too much light, even with the blinds closed. I figure I need some blackout curtains and a tension rod. The width of the recessed areas surrounding my windows is just under 42", but the height is a little less than 6'.

I saw people talking a few pages back about the need to pay for a quality tension rod. Would this be a good idea? My bigger problem is that a quick search for, say, blackout curtains at JCPenney makes it look like my curtain choices are generally 42"x84" (too long) or 42"x63" (too short). Where should I be looking for curtains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

razz posted:

are you allowed to drill holes
Nope. v:shobon:v

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Anne Whateley posted:

Get the long ones and hem them :eng99:
No one sells light-blocking curtains at a length of 72"?

quote:

Also be aware that if you're using a tension rod, the blackout curtains won't work as described; they'll be smaller than the window, so light will come in all around them.
Well, they'll be smaller than the width of the rod, but so is the window inside of its frame, so I think it'd still do a decent job. As in, the actual glass that lets light in is only the center 31 inches.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

So now I have to pick out a bed and it's overwhelming. It's crazy how many kinds of mattresses there are now.
There a mattress thread that's pretty helpful. I think it was this one?