Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Anyone have any experience with the full-service companies like United Van Lines or Mayflower or whoever? Doing a WI->VA move fairly soon and I'm looking for a company to do it all reasonably fast. Budget is a thing but I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount. We are moving a pretty big 3BR (effectively 4BR worth of stuff) house worth of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

taiyoko posted:

So I'm apartment hunting right now. And I have a potential landlord asking me to go to this site and send her the result. Does this look legit?

Usually they just run your credit themselves as part of the application process in my experience. I've never had to submit my credit score itself when renting, but that doesn't mean it's never done. As far as I know, identityiq is as legit/bogus as any of the other credit score monitoring/reporting sites. Will they accept your credit score from anywhere that you already have access to it?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

That thread's for making fun of audiophiles, not audio questions. Don't ask questions in there unless you want to get ridiculous answers about magic crystals.

use This Thread or maybe This One

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I've never done that when I moved, including a cross-country move with like 5 computers, so it's not like it's guaranteed to gently caress you. You should still probably do it though.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Otis Reddit posted:

So I think it’s time to replace my 17 year old mattress. What’s the smart bfc savvy goon move? Not poor just cheap

Go lay on mattresses until you find some you like.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

The last time I moved and needed to get rid of big furniture stuff I didn’t need/want and couldn’t sell, I just posted on Craigslist/Facebook that it was free as long as they come with their own transportation and labor (ie, that I wasn’t going to lift a finger to help period cause it was summer and gently caress if I’m sweating my rear end off to give away free poo poo). People are vultures and you’ll get rid of it all in no time.

The last time I tried that I had multiple people asking me to drive it to them and then swearing at me until I blocked them when I said no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Not sure where to ask this, and the Dorkroom had little to say about it, but I've printed a bunch of my own photos, mostly 6x8 but also a really big pano, and I'm stuck on how to frame them. What color frame? Mat or no mat? Same frame for all the photos or mix it up? Hard to know what will look good.

Go to a frame store and play around with things until you like how they look, maybe? There's no obvious answer, it'll depend entirely on your taste and wall color and extant decor and the color of the photos and etc etc.

I will say you probably almost always want a mat though, if it's supposed to be an artistic photo and not just a snapshot that's going on someone's desk.