Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I am looking for a new leather sofa, big enough for 3 people, preferably with a pop of color, and I found this: https://www.article.com/product/15203/sven-oxford-blue-sofa, but I have never heard of this brand. Good/bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I'll look into that. My main question was if they are known for reasonable quality items. I've had my current sofa for 10 years, and I hope this new sofa can last at least as long.

Edit: Found a couple of online reviews and the cons that were mentioned are no major show stoppers.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 28, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Nanomachine Son posted:

Is there any thread or general guide for soundproofing out there? I searched around and couldn’t find much.

I ended up moving to a detached house, which has been pretty great, but I’ve found that this place is extremely susceptible to low frequency noise, usually bass from car stereos. This place isn’t well insulated and some of the windows seem to be single paned. Even noise that doesn’t seem that loud outdoors seems to reverb like crazy inside.

I’ve been looking into various solutions but can’t find what would work. Mass loaded vinyl is out of the question since I can’t rip up the drywall, nor would I want to make huge permanent renovations in a rental.

I don’t have much of anything on my walls right now and I’m wondering how much of a difference that could make. Been looking at foam acoustic panels too, though I think that’d only do more for controlling echo inside a room.

I’m guessing my options are pretty limited without being able to add insulation or MLV. Still, I’m wondering if anyone else has been down this rabbit hole and if they found any other decent solution that didn’t break the bank.

Our audiophiles may have opinions: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3166333

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

That thread's for making fun of audiophiles, not audio questions. Don't ask questions in there unless you want to get ridiculous answers about magic crystals.

use This Thread or maybe This One

poo poo, sorry.

E: I thought it was the legitimate audio questions thread and they just changed to a witty title.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 7, 2022

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Alright, the leather couch/sofa arrived and it looks great. The day after it arrived I developed a pretty serious case of dizziness, nausea, and I often had an urge to inhale deeply. I was able to sleep it off in another room. The fumes from the couch are one potential culprit. Any thoughts on what I can do to get rid if them besides just leaving the windows open? I've read articles claiming that fumes from new furniture can be terrible for your health, but those articles are a bit dated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

What's the lowest effort solution the help with what I suspect is mold in my potted plants?