Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Cheeze Kuyeh posted:

Is there a decent flash viewer for os 4.x?

Use iSwifter. I like it better than Skyfire for viewing flash videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
http://lifehacker.com/5821922/new-version-of-iswipe-gets-better-features-and-a-name-change

Anybody that's used Swype on android phones. Now you can get it on the iPhone. Works pretty good and I like it better than the standard keyboard.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Does TinyUmbrella work with the iPhone 4S yet? It always gave me some poo poo when I tried to save my shsh.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I got my 5.01 iPhone replaced this week and the new one came with 5.0 so :unsmith: Can't wait for jailbreak.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Finally. I upgraded my phone to the earlier 5.0.1. Can't wait.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Windows version just got released.

https://twitter.com/!/pimskeks/status/160830389433274368

http://t.co/jdj8bmQt

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Just jailbroke my 4S with the Windows tool so if the CLI one is giving you problems, try that.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Is SBSettings the one that lets you put the widgets in the notification center?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Lately, I have been having an annoying bug where when I push the Home button just once, Siri will pop up now and then. It happens most after hitting Home right after unlocking my screen. I can't figure out what is causing this and was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I've had that issue too :( no idea how to fix it. It hasn't happened in a while though.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I think they all do it but AT&T can see through it sometimes. For what it's worth, I've used Tetherme for a year now and have never gotten any tethering notices from them.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Why not just run 5.1 stock.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Push will kill your battery if you get a shitload of notifications. I know I woke up with my phone almost dead when my twitter blew up and I had a ton of notifications one day.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I use TetherMe with my iPad only and never get warnings so, if you ever wanna try again try that.

I'm just gonna switch to a data share plan when they come out and use the included tethering.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Try using it without jailbreaking it for a week or two. Then see if there's anything you want to change that jailbreaking can fix.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Raffles posted:

It turns out that thanks to some police issue fingerprinting dust (dont' ask) I may have to take my iPhone to the good folks at the Apple Store to beg for a replacement. If I want restore my phone so as to remove all evidence that it has been jailbroken, what should I do?

If you can't, I don't think it matters. I took my phone in to get replaced once and completely forgot I had jailbroken it. I had a cydia icon right on the first page, too. The genius took it to the back, witnessed the problem it had and then gave me a new one. Maybe they don't care.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The jailbreak scene dudes always have the newest iPhones jailbroken after a day. I'm pretty sure it happened for the 4S too but we still had to wait months for a public release.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

randyest posted:

Tethering :(

Data share instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

simplesnatch posted:

I've been using the YouTube.com url in safari to play stuff in the background. Is there an app that will play YouTube videos in the background so multitasking is available?

Protube does it for me.

• Locked thread